The demon glanced at the very amused Madonna with lust and turned back to Lucius with a demonic growl as he charged towards the Lord with a high jump.

Lucius who was occupied with assessing his wife's annoyingly pleased crease on her face, for a moment he missed the demon's great jump towards him. It was at the very last jiffy that he got back his senses and punched the demon in his stomach throwing him in the air.

The scarlet looking demon landed on the muddy ground with a thud and groaned as his bottom had hit the rocky portion of the uninhabited land.

"I am certain it is not of the Lady why you are after me." Lucius gritted as he strode towards the demon slowly in measured steps. "Why? I want to know the motive behind the attack." Lucius asked keeping his eyes dead on the demon.

If it was just a usual hit then it would have not impinged the demon but Lucius, knowing how powerful his attacker was, using fine spells and magic with each hit he bestowed on.

"Speak" Lucius ordered as his patience was wearing thin. It was a cold night and he had to sacrifice his peaceful sleep all cause he has an uninvited guest.

"Now, now, Milord. Do not be harsh on the poor man." If Madonna did not know what fun is then she was well acquainted with it from the past few moments that night.

Goodness, she was so entertained by what was unfolding before her. It was not the fight evidently but the sentiments gushing out of the Lord was what she loved.

When she was at the receiving end of a hard Lordly glare tossed by the Lord, she just smiled widely and continued fluttering her eyes innocently as though she was just as innocent as an angel above.

"I shall stop provoking me if I were you, darling. Wouldn't want my neck twisted and hanging loose on my shoulders." His threat should have made anyone weak in legs with the gush of power left from him but Madonna was not just anyone.

She was merely just a little more amused by his overflowing sentiments. It was more entertaining than those plays in the town halls.

Seeing that he would not get any response from the demon whatsoever, he waved both of his hands in a round movement manifesting the energy into his hands.

The more the energy was getting gathered in his hands, the sky above was spitting thunders. The lonely moon was soon covered by grey clouds and lightening strokes the wide endless sky like spark of fire in dark.

The demon opened its mouth to swallow the aura of the Lord as quick as he can and he was almost at the tip of victory if not for Madonna shooting an electrifying wave of white and blue lightening hit him hard through his head.

Before the demon could gather himself up for another attack, Lucius whizzed the glowing energy ball towards the demon. The fatal energy went into the demon's body and glowed him in bright colour before it exploded him into naught but pieces which later turned into red mist and disappeared into thin air.

Madonna gasped pretentiously as she looked at her hands and covered his mouth as she glanced at her husband with a triumphed smile. "My, my, my! How did I do that, Milord? Didn't you seal my powers dear Lord?"

Lucius gave her a puzzled look as he inched towards her. He wondered how she was able to perform the magic of such sort when he had made certain to seal the last of her tricks.

That was when he realized what the Witchy fox did. Although the demon was there to assassin him in the first place, the young witch provoked him enough for Lucius to gather the energy from deepness of his abilities seeing that the demon was from a powerful clan.

If Lucius was to manifest his inner energy, it would allow the part of Madonna's powers to be unconfined.

Well played! How clever of her to use such a sudden likelihood to her prospect!

He had to give it to her for her quick thinking despite the threat luring in the form of a demon.

"You are such an infuriatingly clever woman I have ever been inopportune to meet." He grumbled as Madonna enjoyed the display of little of her powers that she got back. "However –" Lucius started smirking at her.

Madonna raised an arrogant brow in question as Lucius said something she wasn't expecting.

Something that made her victory shun down!

"- Seeing the scarlet demon sent for the cause of my assassin, positively, the plan you had laid for my father's ruin has produced great results. I applaud you, dear wife." Lucius clapped as he smirked widely leaving stunned young witch to her own fretfulness.

How?

How did he know of the plot she had laid for his father and moreover, why was he not concerned about it?

Oh Orla, what is your son up to?

Is he really what they were assuming him to be?

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about the chapter?

What do you think about Madonna playing with the demon and Lucius?

Isn't she clever to get back a part of her powers back the way she got them?

Will you be infuriated if you were in Lucius place?

Wait, Lucius knew what was Madonna planning for his father?

Then why was he not concerned about it?

Is it an act of indifference or is he really indifferent to the issue?

What is Lucius planning anyway?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim