Chapter 6: Love 101

Steven's P.O.V.

As I wake up in the morning, first thing I see is the floor. That was fine since Spinel was still sleeping in my bed. The floor wasn't too uncomfortable but it was enough to help me sleep.

I'm starting to think maybe we should get Spinel a bed so I don't have to keep sleeping on the floor. As I rise from the ground, I noticed Spinel was not in the bed, she was gone. I rubbed my eyes to see if they were deceiving me but what I'm seeing is 100% real.

I looked around the room in case she was somewhere in my room that I am not seeing yet, no such luck. Maybe she is downstairs. I opened the door and walked downstairs to find her chatting with Pearl and Amethyst.

(Spinel) What's breakfast?

(Amethyst) Its a food where you eat in the morning.

(Spinel) Does have to be in the morning when you consume it?

(Pearl) No, but it is preferred for humans to eat it in the morning.

(Amethyst) I eat it anytime of the day.

(Spinel) Why don't you eat it?

(Pearl) I don't like the whole "digestive process" that occurs upon consuming food.

I continue to walk down the stairs and they stopped talking when they saw me.

(Pearl) Oh, good morning, Steven.

(Amethyst) Yeah, good morning, dude.

(Spinel) Yes, good morning.

(Steven) I assume you were teaching Spinel about breakfast?

(Pearl) Amethyst was talking about eating cereal for breakfast and Spinel was confused by it.

I went to the cabinet to open it and grab some cereal. Spinel was watching me pour it in a bowl and pouring in the milk.

(Spinel) Is that cereal?

(Steven) Yes.

(Spinel) Can I try some?

(Steven) Sure.

I grabbed another bowl and poured cereal and milk in it. I put a spoon in her bowl.

(Spinel) What happens now?

(Steven) You eat it.

(Spinel) How?

(Steven) Watch me.

I used my spoon to grab some cereal with milk and I demonstrated how to eat it with Spinel following my movements. Then I swallowed.

(Spinel) It tastes great.

(Steven) Well, cereal is supposed to taste great. You keep eating it until it's gone.

5 minutes later

Me and Spinel finished the cereal.

(Spinel) What do I do with this? I no longer need it.

She gave me her bowl, expecting me to know what to do next.

(Steven) You can give it to me or Pearl and we'll put it in here.

I put the bowls in the sink.

(Pearl) I was going to wake you up two hours ago but then I decide it would be best for you to sleep in.

(Steven) What time is it?

(Pearl) 11:27 AM. Its almost noon.

(Spinel) Noon? As in afternoon?