Chapter 2: Regretting

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven and Spinel were watching TV for the past 3 hours.

(Spinel) I know you said this was supposed entertain me but I got bored 2 hours ago and waited for something to surprise me.

...

(Spinel) Steven?

She noticed that he fell asleep and from the looks of it, he's been asleep for a while. Can't say she blamed him, this was boring. Instead of focusing on the TV, she laid her eyes on Steven.

He had his head resting on the arm of the couch with his right arm dangling a bit. She saw how theres a slight bloodstain on his jacket on the right elbow. That had to be the jacket he wore since her attack.

Just looking at it reminds her of the past.

Flashback:

Spinel stood on top of her injector, angry with Steven. She thought she found someone who she can trust and the moment she had her back turned, she noticed he still held on her weapon. But now her weapon was useless since he broke it over his knee.

She wished he hadn't broke it so she can slice him up to bits. Still, she wanted to do something that'll hurt him forever. She can hear him climbing up, was he going to finish the job?

(Steven) Spinel?

He was behind her, not too far away from her reach.

(Steven) Please, let's just talk about this.

(Spinel) I don't wanna play anymore...

(Steven) Spinel, this isn't a game!

Within a swift movement, Spinel turned and soaked him right in the face. Blood squirted out of his nose. She gave him another punch which nearly sent him flying off the injector.

She wasn't through with him yet. She grabbed the back of his neck and yanked him towards her. She gripped his throat and held him 5 inches off the surface of the injector.

(Spinel) Y'know I came here to take my anger out on a buncha strangers... But now that I know you, I wanna kill you even more...

She shakes him to intimidate him.

(Spinel) Heh, look at you. Savior of the Galaxy, utterly defeated and at my grasp.

(Steven) Spinel, I wasn't going to reset you.

(Spinel) You expect me to believe that?

(Steven) I was just carrying it.

(Spinel) For what? To use on me or someone else?!

(Steven) No! I didn't even knew what it was for before I had it. I'd forgotten about it when I was helping you.

She didn't buy it, not for a second. Her anger blinded her from seeing that he was genuine. She slammed him on the surface and started punching him in the face over and over again.

(Spinel) STOP. LYING. TO. ME!

After each word she punched harder. A pool of blood surrounded Steven as he lied on the ground and it spreads more when Spinel's fists make contact with Steven. Spinel closed her eyes as she continued to use him as a punching bag during her fit of rage.

She lost her aim on his face and started punching his chest and shoulders.

(Steven) S-stop!

She stopped and opened her eyes. She got a look at him. His entire face was red because of his blood and her fists was soaked in his blood.