Time seemed to stop and stand still as she turned and looked up at her mysterious man. He looked breathtaking from up close and the scent of his after shave filled her senses, making her feel hot.

All she wanted to do was say no. Politely refuse and run up the stairs. But she watched from afar as the Amber she didn't know smiled and said yes, placing her hands on his outstretched hand.

You traitor! Hey, stop! Don't dance with him! Are you even listening?! Hey! Amber!

Amber didn't listen to her.

Warrick couldn't believe it. She accepted! Curving his arm around her waists, he drew her out with him and onto the dance floor. She fit him well, he thought, her head just reaching his broad shoulders, as he was very tall.

Their feet staggered as they moved on the dance floor, in time to the slow dance. Occasionally their thighs made glancing contact and he experienced a fluttering of lust.

Damn it, Warrick.

He could see her neck line very well from this point. He had unrestricted view. Even though it was gentlemanly enough to look, his thoughts were running rampant, ricocheting off the walls of his mind. He felt amazed he could feel this way because of a little flesh.

But the truth was, he'd been celibate for a while now. And not that he'd not seen enough of females to get him to break that rule, he had come across lots of them, but none of them had made him feel this way.

He decided to push his luck by pulling her forward gently, but firmly, drawing her close, closer than before. Her hand went up to his neck, an indication that she didn't mind and that little, gentle touch of hers felt like she had set him on fire.

All thoughts of why he shouldn't be doing this flew out the window. From the corner of his eyes, he saw his valet waiting patiently like a faithful dog for him, for his command, but Warrick didn't feel like doing the business that brought him here. He was not interested. Not anyone, anyway.

"Should we get out of here? " he whispered to her, and was glad he was able to get that out of the way. It was getting really uncomfortable to stand there and pretend he didn't want her.

Right now.

Amber pulled back hesitantly, fear in her eyes. She couldn't. She just couldn't!

He caught her hands his. "Please don't go. "

"I.. I can't. " was all she said before running off.

Her heart in her chest, Amber ran up the stairs and kept going. The mansion was so huge that after moving from hallway to hallway, she knew she was lost. But she didn't panic. At least not yet. She just wanted to be out of that room. She didn't want to be in the same space as him...it could make her do something so..so..preposterous...so so..

Exciting.

She shivered as Bianca's words came back to her. Was this exciting? No, it wasn't. Far from it. It was terrifying. It was against everything she stood for. Most importantly, it was against her betrothal.

She sighed, moving up to the roof, which was thankfully empty and dark, only lit by the silver stars. The moon was not in sight.

For the first time, she wished she had never been betrothed. It was the only barrier standing between her and -

She jerked up as she saw a figure come up behind her. Her eyes had adjusted to the darkness so she could see that it was him.

Him. She shivered. But not due to cold.

Warrick couldn't keep still as he looked at her in the dark. The moment she had ran off, he had gone after her. While she had gone round and round, entering one passage ways to the other, he had calmly followed her. He couldn't get lost, it was, after all, his house.

Now, though he couldn't really see her face, her features seemed sad and forlorn and that drew her to him, like a moth to a flame. He wanted to kiss her pain away, make her replete with desire and passion.

He moved towards her to do just that. He cupped her face between his hands and lifted it towards his as he bent down and kissed her.

And Amber thought, oh God.

It was the sweetest feeling ever. She had never been kissed in her life, and the only experience of kissing she'd ever had was the ones her step sisters had supplied and the ones she had conjured in her day dream.

His lips were full and sensual, his kisses warm and sweet and earnest. He applied the perfect amount of pressure, the perfect amount of persuasion.

She moaned against his lips and latched unto him for support. He used the opportunity to insert his tongue in, tasting her, giving her no chance to back out. The desire was so deep, so profound, without boundaries.

He drew back, but only to whisper against her lips.

"This is your last chance, you can leave now. I won't go after you."

Amber was surprised he was giving her the opportunity to go. To redeem her soul. But to what end? She thought. Go back to her routine? Her longing? Her waiting for her so called betrothed?

Warrick himself was shocked he was giving her a way out. He was many things, but he wasn't a pervert. He wasn't going to force himself on someone whose name he didn't even know! But even as warning signs went off in his head, he prayed she didn't go. He prayed with all his heart that she stayed.

And she did just that. She answered him by meeting her lips with his. "I want to live for now. " she said, kissing him gently.

And that did it. Warrick went crazy with passion. He reached for her and drew her close and she came willingly into his arms, seemingly eager for his kiss as he was for hers. Her mouth responded warmly to the thrusts of his tongue that stroked and tested and tasted her. Her lowered his head to her neck to nuzzle the pulse beating there while her hands closed around  the back of his head and her fingers combed through his hair.

Within moments, their clothes were off and Amber felt really fulfilled as she felt his body with all of hers, skin to skin, heat feeding heat. He lowered her to the bare ground on the roof, burying her in kisses.

They were tumbling in passion, heat and everything beautiful. The only time he paused was to grit his teeth.

"You've never done this before have you? "

"No. " she replied heatedly.

He pulled away, standing. "I can't."

"Please don't go —"

"I can't do this." He said, cutting her off, even if everything inside of him was yearning for the exact opposite of his words.

She placed her hand on his arm. "I want you to. I want us to. I want to live for now."

That was all he needed. The sensations built again gradually, but escalated and surpassed anything she'd felt before, exploding in tiny shocks that left her dazed. 

It was everything she'd ever wanted. And more.

Minutes later, they held each other replete with desire and passion, but satisfied. At least Amber was. She pushed the guilt that started to seep into her heart. Closing her eyes, she breathed in his scent, lavender. She didn't want it to end, ever. It was in this scent of his that she fell asleep.

*

Thank you so much for reading! Please don't forget to vote, comment your thoughts, add to your library and reading lists and share with others. Thank you.💕