love, healing and other sappy shit

Start from the beginning

Why Omkara didn't see that Ridhima Sharma was everything he was not was beyond him. All she cared about was money and more money. She didn't believe in love.

But Omkara was a free man now. He wasn't going to accept Ridhima if she said she missed him. He was done with her for good. When she had insulted his family in anger, that had been the last straw. He had known it in that moment that Ridhima was not what Omkara made her out to be. And maybe he had known all along but he had been too much in love with her–or was that immunity to her presence?–that he didn't let go. But with the new year a few hours away, he was ready to let go of things that hurt like a bitch.

Shivaay turned back to him and his words brought back Omkara from his thoughts. “What were you saying, dearest brother?” he taunted. Omkara knew he deserved this hostility.

“Well, I should have listened to you.”

That got Shivaay's attention and his eyes narrowed like he knew where it was heading. He tilted his head to his girlfriend's direction and shot her a look. They somehow communicated through their eyes and Anika left a moment later but not before giving Shivaay a quick peck on his lips and murmuring she would see him later.

Shivaay looked his lips and crossed his arms over his chest. “About what?”

It was his brother's way of getting Omkara to confess his wrongs and own up to everything. Shivaay didn't like letting people off the hook easily and Omkara, for sure, knew Shivaay wasn't going to have mercy on him.

“About everything.”

“Om, I have no idea what you are talking about. Please be more specific,” Shivaay said it so tersely that Omkara's heart ached. Was it the same brother whose tone was always soft when he spoke to his brothers?

“I am sorry I didn't listen to you about Ridhima. I'm sorry I said you were wrong and that you were an asshole. I am sorry I said that how would you know anything about love when you didn't love a single person in your whole life.”

There was one thing all Oberois had in common. And it was the inability to keep their anger in check. When Shivaay had confronted Omkara, he had been in a bad place mentally. And Shivaay pointing out his mistakes had set the ticking bomb that was Omkara Singh Oberoi off. He had lashed and said things that were not at all nice. Shivaay wasn’t the asshole, he was the one who was a stupid and a fucked up bastard.

He could only imagine what his brother must have felt when he–the person Shivaay loved with his everything–had said that. It must have broke him. Omkara broke his brother.

That thought alone pained him. What could he ever do did his mistake?

He closed his eyes and clenched his fists, nails digging into the flesh of his skin.

“Glad to see to you remember every single word perfectly,” he said derisively. Shivaay turned away from him and walked over to his closet. He couldn’t stop the feeling of hurt that coursed through his veins when Shivaay ignored him. Fuck, this was what he deserved. He didn’t deserve Shivaay’s forgiveness, no, he wasn’t worthy. But that didn’t stop him from hoping that his brother would forgive him. If not today, then maybe at least some other day.

His eyes felt hot from the tears that were bound to trickle down his face sometime later. He hung his head and was about to leave the room.