18: The Couch

"We should have another baby." Uta sighed as he stroked your bare legs. It had been months since you had rocked any corset piercings, as Yukizou enjoyed pulling them out.

"Um, no?" You looked at the gothic ghoul skeptically. "The last baby isn't even one yet."

"I think... MORE BABIES!" Juuzou laughed maniacally.

"Oh my gosh, like you get a say," You rolled your eyes and turned away from his body.

"I absolutely do! I do one-third of the work!" Juuzou flicked your head.

"OW! Yeah, okay, sorry... But my answer overrules them all and it's no." You covered the attacked area with your hands.

"Okay... I can wait. For now." Uta snickered as he looked down at the living room rug.

On it was Yukizou, toddling from one side to the other, organizing blocks and dolls in a way that pleased him before running through his own creature. The sound of his laughter was like music to everyone's ears. Kyou on the other hand, was having his own tummy time, attempting to lift his body up to monitor what his brother was doing. It was much earlier than Yukizou had done such a thing, but you figured that both his extra ghoul blood and the attempts to keep up with the snowy-haired toddler made Kyou more apt to reach these milestones.

"They're lucky." Uta noted after a moment of silence. "I'm sure you've heard, but all ghouls have a sad story behind them. These two... not so much."

"Not at all!" Juuzou leaned over and licked Uta's shoulder out of affection. "Love babies."

"If I have another, what if I get a girl?!" You groaned.

"You're still on that?" Uta laughed genuinely. "I took your no as a no. But if you're reconsidering..."

"NO!!"

"No! No no no!" Yukizou shrieked back at you. It was a favorite word of his. No meant a myriad of things, sometimes including the meaning of no, other times being no where near.

"See? He's not ready. He hardly got to be an only child." You shrugged, nuzzling into Juuzou's stomach.

"Kyou will never experience it." Uta raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I suppose that's true." You plucked at the stitching on your white-haired lover.

The couch was a happy place for your family. There was no place you, Uta or Juuzou would rather be. There would be more battles, more hard question, more arguments and more love-making-- that was a sure thing. You, however, felt ready for it all. After all, everything so far had been mollified, what more could happen?

AN: Thanks for sticking out three books! I hope you enjoyed this series and be sure to check out more of mine! <3