Chapter 1: A New Beginning!

I am so close to my 18th birthday I can almost taste it! Tomorrow I will officially be able to become a Pokémon trainer, get my trainer card and my first Pokémon! Working on a farm my whole life has given some great experience, but opportunities like this come once in a lifetime. My dad, really wants me to stay on the farm and was slightly disappointed when I gave my decision, but there is no doubt he really cares and wants me to be happy. My mom, however, has been a nervous wreck the past three days, non-stop hugs and telling me to make sure I have everything packed. But without her, none of this would be possible. I am very thankful and I just can't wait to get this party started! I've done loads of research on a lot of Pokémon from many regions. And the one that really speaks to me is the Kalos region. So full of tradition and beauty. Hoenn is wonderful and I'd love to live here forever, but a journey there would be so awesome!

The sun rises over the Hoenn horizon. I've always been an early bird, but today was very special. Becoming a Pokémon trainer is the biggest step in anyone's life! Although a lot of my old friends wanted to continue their education after school, I felt like I knew my path and wanted to jump on it right away. Right away I put on my slightly worn jeans, black t-shirt and my zip up green hoodie that I never zipped up.
I walk down the steps to see my mom, sleeping on the couch holding an old picture. It was of my mom and dad, along with me and my best friend, Collin. He was a year older then me, so he's been on his journey for a while now. He just recently made it to the Kalos region to take on the gym challenges there. He occasionally sends me postcards of what region he visits. I've always been so jealous of him growing up. He even placed in the top 4 in the Johto league!
I poured a quick bowl of cereal and my mom starts to wake up. "Mason? THAT'S RIGHT!" She sprinted off the couch and quickly to me. "I'm going to miss you soooooo much! Do you have everything packed? Everything ready? You have our number right? You know how to use the phones at the Pokémon center?
I quickly swallow my cereal. "Hahaha Mom. I've been ready for this for a long time. I know my in and outs, I have my cool camping gear, and All my items. You know I'll call you guys as much as I can. Plus, I'll be in Hoenn. Nothing's too far away! I'm as ready as I'll ever be!"
Mom gave a winced look at my last statement, and I finished up my cereal, grabbed my white hat with a green Pokéball on it and headed out the door.
"I sure hope he knows what Collin is getting him into. I know he will be okay though." My mom said in confidence.
"He's a good kid. A journey is what he needs. He'll be back on the farm working again in no time." My dad chimed in and watched me make my way to professor Treys lab.

Ahh yeah thanks for reading the first chapter! I know it's a slow start, but bear with me people. It's gonna get good. I got ideas, I got the game and the anime going fresh in my mind. I'm just writing as I'm thinking. Feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments! Stay safe my friends.