Ch 7: Running From A Bad Boy

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Running From A Bad Boy 

"Hey Racoon eyes." He said. Though I felt a large curse word forming in my throat that was especially made for Brett, I ignored him and turned to Adam. "Thank you for offering me a ride, but I'd really enjoy walking." Adam shook his head, perplexed and obviously not getting the hint that I didn't enjoy his current company. I groaned and then gestured to Brett and the others. "I don't ride with egotistical, psychotic Ginger-bread heads."

I said it loud enough for Brett to hear. Brett laughed, crossing his arms as he continued to lean on the hood of Adam's car. Adam just stared at me, and I crossed my own arms, in defiance "Come on, it'll take you, what? An hour to walk home? Just let me drive you."

"No, Adam. And that's final."

"Okay." He came closer to me and tried to pick me up again, but I slapped his chest and began sprinting across the lot. It momentarily caught him off guard, it wasn't my playful smack I usually gave to him. It was hard, and I felt the 'thunk' when my hand hit his chest. 

I did expect to hear him chasing after me. But what I heard were...several following me. I turned around and saw all four of them sprinting after me. "What the fuck?" I exclaim, picking up the pace. This was probably the oddest part to my day. This had to be. I didn't even know half of them, and nobody was saying anything, they were literally just running after me. I knew I could outrun them, but for how long? I was more of a sprinter than a long distance runner. 

I ran to the other parking lot where there were a few kids mulling about around their cars. I was running out of steam at this point and needed an idea. I turn back to check how much distance I've got, and immediately run into something hard. I ricochet onto the ground and sit there for a moment, the air knocked out of me. The owner of the truck I'd ran into opened the door and stared at me like I was an idiot. "You.. okay?" 

I wince in pain, holding my stomach. I point behind me. "I'm being chased." He seemed way less worried than I'd hoped he would. He looks out at the four guys chasing after me, who were getting pretty close at this point. He seemed like he was just going to stand there an watch, so I stoo up, still wincing and jumped into his now empty driver's seat. I didn't close the door, but sat there. 

They finally made it, and were staring at me, sitting in a random person's truck.  "Hey! Get out of my car." The guy yelled at me. I wore a letterman jacket with a football on it. He was probably friends with Andy, or at least knew him from the team.  "No! Didn't you hear me say I'm being chased?" The football player turned to Adam and began talking to him. They were still a distance away so I had to concentrate to hear what they were saying. "No, of course not! We weren't trying to attack her! I was trying to give her a ride to her house!"

"With three other guys?" The football player folded his arms across his chest, taking a defensive stance now that he was growing suspicious. he probably thought we'd just been messing around.  "I'd offered them rides too." Adam retorts.  I saw the football players face. He wasn't buying it thank god! I took this moment of doubt to say a few more words.