Ch 2: A Bad Boy Truth

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Bad Boy Truth

I turned around and put on my best fake smile. We hadn't talked much since that day, and I had taken the time to do some self-reflecting. I finally got over it and agreed to pretend it had never happened.  But things were never the same. Whenever he'd hug me, my heart would cry. It made me feel worse knowing that he knew how this made me feel and he still would be close to me.

"Hey Andy!" I waved as he moved closer to me. "Aren't you going to give your best friend a hug? It's been a while. " He asked. I stepped into his open arms. As usual, he was warm and smelt like cinnamon sugar. He pulled away all too soon and I was left freezing. Just then, Adam walked out the front door jingling his keys. "Time to- woah! You look nice Jessi-Cakes." he stopped in his tracks, looking at me. "Oh, and I looked ugly yesterday?" I said confidently as I blushed.

He laughed. "No, you just get more prettier every day." He finished his walk down the driveway, took my hand and kissed the top of it as I grinned. "And you hotter." I replied. He was cute, he had the same facial features as Andy, with the perfectly shaped nose, the round chin and defined cheekbones. The only difference was he was blonde and two years older. We always did this. Complimenting each other. It was entertaining and it made Andy uncomfortable, which made us both pretty smug and happy.

Adam winks, "Why thank you, you know, you should wear your hair down. Makes you look-"

"Ok. We get it! she is very pretty. Now please stop talking about my friend that way. Seriously ugh!" Andy exclaimed shivering.

"What? I was going to say-"

"No!" Andy cut him off, angrily

"Mature." Adam smirked. 

"Oh." Andy said, turning away.

I laughed. "Can we go now? I'm fricking cold!" I rubbed my arms, doing the 'It's winter in Maine" dance.  "Of course your cold! Your not wearing a jacket, and it's in the middle of January!" Andy said draping his letterman jacket over my arms. I hid my blush by coughing, as I inspected the patches on his jacket. A football, lacrosse, choir. "Guys, anything else? Otherwise, we're late!" Adam yells, gesturing for us to get a move on. We hop in the car and I try to initiate small talk with mostly Adam, not sure what to say to Andy, who was in the back seat.

If I'd of known the mischief Adam was about to pull, I'd of chosen the back. More clean air back there.

As we pulled up into our spot in the lot, I yanked the car door open and gasped for air. Adam's stink bomb had gone off in his back pack and the windows had refused to open. As if our annoying fake flirting hadn't given it away, Adam was considered the bad apple in his family. He liked pulling pranks, making people agitated, and sometimes hung out with some unsavory types. I breathed in clean fresh air. Hmm... smelt way better than any old stink bomb, let me tell you that.