33 | Counter Attack

Start from the beginning

Rex waited beside her silently, ready for the signal to keep moving. At any minute, the droids could reappear and blast them from either end of the hallway "so now we have even more rescuing to do?" The Captain questioned to his General.

"I suppose so" she exhaled, not particularly liking where this mission was taking them. The group had to completely rearrange their escape plan by taking a detour to pick up Piell's naval Captain "the longer we're here, the more danger we're in. I don't want to lose anyone else"

"Don't worry about us clones, General, the main priority is keeping those plans intact for the Republic"

She turned her head to look at him, almost being able to see his eyes through the dark of his white and blue protective helmet. Don't worry about us clones. In a way, that annoyed her. No matter what, she'll always check to make sure that all clone troopers are present and accounted for, and that everyone makes it out alive no matter what. Casualties hurt, but not just for battle purposes, but for personal reasons as well. All life is meaningful, no matter if they all look the same "don't tell me not to worry" she said numbly "I rely on you for more than just battle strategies, Rex"

The Captain forced himself to look away, unable to meet her gaze anymore. That very same feeling coursed through him once again, which was something that he knew all too well that he shouldn't be feeling, especially now. It locked itself into place inside of his chest when he first laid eyes on her, and it always erupts at the very thought of her. None of this was right, he knew it. He needs to hold her up with the highest amount of respect that he can conjure up. But when she says things like that, and holds onto him tightly while saving him from falling to his death, how can he not feel this way?

He just needs to except that he'll have to live with this longing for the rest of his life, quietly keeping it to himself without letting anyone else in. She'll never know, because she can't ever know.

~

"We need to keep moving" Anakin waved his arm, keeping a steady pace ahead of the others. It had been several minutes since they rescued Master Piell, and they were making their way to the other cell block which contained the captured crew of the Republic star-cruiser. That is where they will locate the other half of the nexus route information. Dakota spotted a security camera up ahead and sprung into action, igniting one end of her green saber and slicing the device from the hall where it hung.

As she landed back lightly on her feet, three specialized comando droids rounded the corner of the hallway, cutting the group off from leaving. On the other end of the hall, three more comando droids blocked off the alternative exit. The team was now surrounded at both sides "oh, great" she muttered, igniting the second blade of her saber. Obi-wan ran up to stand beside her, pulling out his saber as well. Anakin and Ahsoka remained on the other side, taking care of the droids that had just arrived.

It didn't take long for them to incapacitate the newly arrived droids, the weapons that they carried with them made sure of that "We need to keep moving" Obi-wan ordered, taking the first step. That's when an earsplitting, high pitched buzzing engulfed the narrow hallway, causing everyone to cover their exposed ears at the sudden sound. Dakota felt her lightsaber slip from her grasp and levitate swiftly towards the ceiling, as if it was pulled into a magnet. Whoever overseers the functioning of the Citadel was undoubtedly watching them closely from the monitors, and keeping track of their every move. He had turned on the device built into the ceiling that pulled in objects that were made of metal, lightsabers and blasters included.