❗ 𝙧𝙖𝙮 • 𝙞 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪

Angst + Fluff~♡
!¡Manga Spoilers¡! - read at your own risk, but some parts will be altered, and also has a lot of timeskips
1081 words

[A/N POV]
They escaped. The 15 children from Grace Field escaped successfully, but were they truly free? They were wandering the forest filled with tall, thick trees. The trees were huge, and the forest was wide. They were lost. They were still determined to be free, nonetheless. They were being hunt down by the demons who craved for their flesh and brain. They had to hide somehow. They heard footsteps behind them, as these steps cracked the leaves that fell from the trees.

Ray: Who's there? Show yourself!
Y/N: I mean no harm! I'm an escapee just like you.
Emma: W-who are you?
Y/N: I'm Y/N. I escaped from Plantation 4.
Ray: Wait, you're from Grace Feild?
Y/N: Yes.
Emma: When did you escape?
Y/N: Well, when you did.
Ray: Who are you with?
Y/N: Oh, I'm... alone.
Emma: Well then, you should come with us.

-

They found themselves fighting against meat-eating plants and roots. They escaped from it's grasp, and Emma, Ray, and Y/N ran away from the demons. The three were saved, but by who? The three woke up, Emma being the last.

Musika: Are you alright?
Emma: I-I'm fine. Where are my siblings?
Musika: Well, they're over there, having dinner.

Skipping all that stuff, they found out the people who saved them weren't actually people. They were demons, but they didn't attack them. Sonju and Musika helped these children. They fed them, and taught some how to use a bow and how to hunt. The children were about to travel again in a few days. The three eldest were talking on how they were going to travel.

Emma: So, we go here. Then, we rest for a few hours.
Ray: That's right. So, we'll be travelling, 15 people all in all?
Emma: 16, Ray. Don't forget about Y/N.
Ray: Oh, we're bringing her along?
Emma: Yes. Why? Would you leave her here?
Ray: Yes! She's not even supposed to be part of this, right Y/N?
Y/N: Uhm, do you really not want me to be here?
Ray: You're just extra baggage anyway. You're just another mouth to feed, and another life to stress about. It's not our fault you came alone.
Y/N: Do you think I wanted to leave alone? Is it my fault that my siblings didn't believe me? Well, I'm sorry that I entered the scene. Do I look like I intended to?
Ray: God, can you stop? When I first saw you, I knew you weren't going to bring any good. Why did we even bring you along?
Y/N: You're insufferable. Am I that much heavy of a burden?
Ray: Yes you are!
Y/N: If you want me to leave that bad, then fine!
Emma: Guys-
Ray: Ha! Goodluck surviving alone, idiot.
Emma: Guys! Fighting isn't going to do anything. Ray, I can't believe you'd say that. She's also a person who wants to be free. It's best if we had another person. We need to help one another. We're all victims here, so why should you fight? Y/N, don't leave please. You could stay with us.
Ray: She isn't part of the family, is she? Why should we care.
Emma: We should help each other. Don't go, Y/N. You should go get some rest.

[Y/N POV]
I felt like crying at that exact same moment. Ray just made me feel worthless, out of place, and unnecessary. My heart broke at his words. They pierced through me. I missed my family, but I couldn't force them if they wouldn't believe me, right? I wanted to thank Emma for protecting me and letting me stay. She's such an angel.

Ray: God, I hate you, Y/N.

He then stormed off the room, and me and Emma were left.

Emma: I'm sorry about him. He's never usually like that.
Y/N: It's fine, and thank you. But, he's right. I am extra baggage.
Emma: No, you aren't! We're going to escape together!
Y/N: I hope so.

-

We journeyed high and low. Until, we made it to B06-32. We entered the hatch, and proceeded down the hallway. There were many rooms, and in one of them was an adult man.

Emma: Are you William Minerva?
?: No, who are you? Ah, wait. You're those Grace Field escapees, right? Ha! You won't find Minerva here, he never came. It was nice for you to visit and all, but I suggest you leave.
Emma: But sir we just got here-

Emma was held at gunpoint. We were all scared. He threatened us. But, Emma escaped from his grip. He was now the one held at gunpoint.

-

[A/N POV]

The 16 escapees all stayed in the shelter. There were clothes, water, food, a shower, and so on. It was truly a paradise, but alas, it's too good to be true. They couldn't stay there forever. The guy has been here for 13 years, and they don't want to end up like that. They had to find Minerva. Goldy Pond was their next stop. They had a deal. The man would be their guide to Goldy Pond, then they'd be out of his hair. The three eldest children were to leave with the man. He oughts to kill at least one of them. Would it be a success?

-

The path to Goldy Pond started. The three faced many challenges, and the man acted as if it were nothing. They encountered wild demons, and even had to use guns. Everything was going smoothly, until a hand captured Emma and Y/N. Ray doesn't know where they are, and was panicking, but the man sure did. They were taken to the playground. To the hunting ground. The colorful and musical village. Emma and Y/N weren't in danger, yet. They were at Goldy Pond.

[To be Continued]

I'm sorry if I timeskipped too much. Also, I did alter scenes from the manga, since I forgot a few. Part 2 will be published soon, and requests will also be published soon. Basically, in Part 1, we get to see the outlook of the story. The romance and angst doesn't start yet though. Ray and Y/N's relationship will progress. Just trust me. It will start in Goldy Pond arc.