n i n e t e e n

"ooh ooh, ooh ooh
on the day we fell in love"

"okay. so basically after prom you were already asleep and stuff but anyways we were just dropped off by the limo and i was hella tired but he stopped me from going into the house and i was like okay what now and then he was like dragging on and on and on and then he was like 'be my girlfriend' and this dude really ran off. and then obviously i'm like taken aback cause i was half awake and my best friend just asked me out. and then i just didn't talk to him for a whole 12 hours 21 minutes & 8 seconds. and then i meet up at doyoung oppa's coffee shop with rosie & chungha and as we're walking back home i'm ranting about how i didn't wanna text him to hang out first and then he just shows up behind me and asks, 'but what if i wanna hang out?' and i freeze like 'what the frick is going on' and then rosé & chungha ditch me and run to my room so i'm stuck with a confident mark lee outside the front door. and then i look anywhere but his eyes cause it's really fricken awkward y'know ? and so he keeps tryna get me to answer his question. and it wasn't even really a question it was just a statement. he practically ordered me to be his girlfriend. so then i said give me the rest of the day and now it's the next day and i was just gonna avoid him for another day but he comes over and you let him in. now what the heck am i gonna do ?" eunji summarized the past two days in one breath.

"uh... well first of all, do you like him back ?" eunji's mom asked.

"will you kill me if i said yes ?" eunji asked.

"bro are you joking right now ? mark lee is my child go marry him already !! you don't even know how long his mom & i have been waiting for y'all to date. the way he looks at you is everything !!! i don't think he likes you eunji, i think he loves you." eunji's mom said, grinning widely.

"mom come with me i'm scared," eunji said, pouting.

"scared of what !! he's taking you out today and he already got my permission. here's your backpack, phone, and off you go," eunji's mom said, throwing everything into eunji's hands.

"what wait mom- MOM !!" eunji yelled.

eunji's mom just shut eunji's bedroom door in eunji's face.

eunji sighed.

she walked downstairs to see mark on his phone, scrolling.

"hey ji, i assume that mom told you we were going out today ?" mark said, standing up.

"y-yeah..." eunji said, looking down at her fingers.

mark just chuckled.

"come on, i'm driving and paying today," mark said.

eunji's eyes lit up. "okay !!" she said, cutely.

mark just watched as eunji ran to the passenger's seat of his mustang.

so cute... mark thought, lightly chuckling at the sight.

—————

"let's go eat first. johnny hyung's diner ?" mark asked.

"yea," eunji said, smiling.

—————

"hey kids !! what's the occasion, you both look a little more dressed than usual," johnny said.

mark leaned over the counter and whispered something into johnny's ear.

johnny's eyes widened and gave mark a thumbs up.

—————

"what was that about ?" eunji asked mark.

"what was what about ?" mark asked, taking a bite out of his sandwich.