t w e l v e

"paint a picture for you and me
on the days when we were young
uh, singing at the top of both our lungs
on the day we fell in love"

[ senior year, prom d-7 ]

"bro how you gon ask eunji to prom ? it's a week away," haechan asked, lightly punching mark's arm.

"i don't know ugh help me hyuck," mark said, pulling haechan's arm and rocking him back and forth.

"ahahah say that again ??"

"say what ?"

"i'm sorry i think someone asked me for help ??"

"i hate you. i hope you know that."

"i guess you're helping yourself..."

"no wait i- UGH okay fine. i need h-h-hel"

"mark just SPIT IT OUT why is it so hard for you to say you need my help ?"

"i need your h-help." mark said, burying his face in his hands.

"DANG i thought you would NEVER ask," haechan said, throwing his head back in a teasing laugh.

"but didn't you ask doyoungie hyung already ?" haechan said, a little confused.

"yea he said you would help him right ?" mark asked, starting to get confused as well.

"yea but forget hyung, leave everything to me," haechan said, already having a plan in mind.

—————

"so here's what's gonna happen..."

—————

haechan just explained what his plan was to mark, and all mark had to do was carry it out.

haechan already told doyoung that he didn't need to do anything cause haechan had it all planned out.

"so you're gonna wait here with your guitar and i'm gonna give you a signal through your window as to when eunji's coming. all her friends including me and the other guys will give her clues as to where she has to go. eventually when she finds you, she'll walk into your room and you'll press the button on a remote that renjun will connect to all the lights & background music & stuff cause he's good at that. after that happens they'll be fairy lights & pictures & music & BAM y'all will go to prom together. how's that for a prom asking ?" haechan said, eyes wide in anticipation.

"...i love you bro," mark said, pulling haechan in for a bro hug.

"i never thought i'd live to hear you say those three words to me," haechan said, dramatically putting his hand over his heart.

"oh, shut up."

—————

eunji was currently laying in her bedroom thinking about mark.

she was thinking about prom as well. what if nobody asks her this year ? maybe she shouldn't go at all. but it's her senior prom !! she should make the most of it before she graduates...

i lowkey want mark to ask... eunji thought.

but she immediately shook the thought out of her head.

exactly WHAT we're you thinking when you thought that in your head just now park eunji ??

but come to think of it, he's never asked, we only went together as friends because other friends asked us.

but eunji decided that she would let mark figure it out himself. truth is, about six guys already tried asking her, but she rejected all of them.

—————

mark was sitting in his room with his guitar in one hand and paper & pencil in the other.

he was writing down arrangements for the song '2002' by anne marie. he wanted his prom asking to be extra special because it was for an extra special person.

—————

[ senior year, prom d-5 ]

incoming call from 'mork 🤡💘'
accept || decline