Hongjoong & Seonghwa

after the concert, everything just felt way too overwhelming for the leader. He felt this pressure on his chest and he didn't know exactly what it was, but after standing on stage, seeing all the fans and breaking down, he couldn't get that feeling to go away.

they were on their way home from the show, hongjoong settling to lean his head against the window and just hope that aching feeling would go away. occasionally he would feel a soft touch on his hand, looking over to see seonghwa giving him a kind and worried smile as he always did after moments such as that, seonghwa could always read him like a book.

once they returned home, hongjoong made it his mission to get into his bed as quick as possible. he made it into the room but ultimately failed as seonghwa softly pulled him into an embrace.

"you know it's not good to hold your feelings in, joong." his voice sounding muffled as he had his face in hongjoong's hair.

"i let them out tonight, i'm not holding anything in." hongjoong was obviously lying, he tried to sound confidently in responding but it really didn't come out like that, it sounded like he was hurt, like there was more to the story than what he was actually responding with. and there was more to it, and he knew seonghwa knew that too.

"you know what i mean. let them out here; i got you, baby. don't worry."

and then the tension in hongjoong snapped, all tears he still had in him came out at once. he was probably mumbling random things, all sounding incoherent to seonghwa and himself if he was being honest.

"i'm so sorry..i'm supposed to be stronger than this." hongjoong sobbed into seonghwa's chest, clutching onto his jacket as if he let go he'd disappear, and the last thing he wants is for his comfort to disappear.

"nobody is expecting you to be strong all the time, i just want you to be happy." seonghwa placed soft kisses on hongjoong's forehead, trying to soothe him atleast a little bit.

"i am happy. i don't know why i'm such a mess when i have no reason to be upset." his sobs were quieter now, mostly muffled from his head being buried in seonghwa's chest. he was more calm, focusing on the gentle feeling of seonghwa trying to comfort him by rubbing his back softly, placing gentle kisses on his head and humming a soft tune to calm him down. seonghwa really was where he felt at ease.

"you don't always need a reason to be upset. just let me help you be happy again, and i mean actually happy," seonghwa teased, smiling down at hongjoong when he let out a little giggle. "how about..we try to go to sleep and cuddle?" hongjoong nodded and allowed seonghwa to pull him onto his bed, shifting so he could get comfortable and ended up with seonghwa turning him on his side and draping an arm over his stomach.

"thank you for helping me, hwa." hongjoong mumbled as a comfortable silence drifted over the two, relishing in the warmth radiating off of seonghwa's body.

"no problem, anything for my joongie." hongjoong let out a small snort at the nickname, but nonetheless smiled softly fondness in seonghwa's voice.

and maybe the pressure in his chest still bubbled softly, but everything was okay as long as he had his comfort by his side.

enjoy my lil angst drabble of seongjoong uwu