Chapter 20 (part 2)

Adrien's POV

Plagg had been really quite lately, which was strange for him. I think it all started when the transfer students arrived. He was still talking though so what could it be? Did Percy scare him when he was akumatized? but I didn't see how. Something was definitely up with my kwami.

"Plagg come on its time to go to school" I yelled for my kwami.

Slowly he drifted  away from the pile of socks in my laundry and settled down inside my jacket.  I frowned again and asked him what was wrong but he just gave me the usual answer
"Geez Adrien I'm fiiine, I just need more cheese"

                                                                     -----------------------------------------

I thanked my body guard and jumped out of the car, at the top of the schools stairs I saw Merinette, percy, Annabeth, piper and Jason all talking. Merinette looked both frightened and excited. I wondered why? I smiled and waved at the group. Merinette made a little squeak but quickly smiled it off. Don't worry she always acted like that, she gets flustered easily.

"Hey guys! how's it going?" I waved.

"H-hey Adrien" 

"Hey" piper smiled moving in front of merinette "we were wondering if you two would want to hang out after school?"

I looked at them curiously. For some reason a strange  feeling in my gut began bubbling. Anger? ugh don't  be stupid Adrien! they are your friends. why shouldn't I hang out with them. My photographer is sick today soooo technically my afternoon was free.

"Yeah I'm actually free today" I said excitedly.

They all seemed pleased except for merinette who looked boat ready to faint.

"Are you okay?" I asked concern creeping up into my voice.

"yep." she squeaked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third POV

The world seemed to be constantly spinning for the demigods. Five more minutes before the miraculous holders arrived and both sides would find out the truth. The only question was if they would all make it out alive. Percy could see his friends nervous twitching and rapidly growing agitations. None of them spoke a singe word to each other they all sat in dead silence.

"Sorry to interrupt" a tall lean man entered the room "these two are here to see you"

Piper was the first to jump up from the lounge, her smile became unnaturally wide.

"bring them in" she giggled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merinette POV 

something was off. Merinette knew something had to be off. She entered the hotel with Adrien by her side but she didn't even have the chance to flip out about how close he was. Something told her he felt uneasy as well. When they entered the demigods room Piper was the first person to greet them with a charming smile. Adrien happily greeted them and sat beside Percy. Merinette kindly waved at Piper and took a sit across from Annabeth being wary of Jason's glaring. Was he onto her?

"I'm happy you guys could come" Percy lips curled.

why does the air feel so suffocating?

"yeah, we're happy to" Adrien turned his head to look at Merinette "right mari?"

"uh y-yeah" she glanced at Jason.

The tall blond walked over to the counter and muttered something nobody else heard. Annabeth hummed in response not having heard what her friend said.

"So you guys are close to the miraculous holders?" he gritted his teeth.

Merinette and Adrien sat there flabbergasted.

"what do you guys actually intend to do" Percy growled tightening his fists.

"what are you talking about" Merinette stood up.

Adrien followed her lead glancing at her worriedly. All four of them were breathing heavily scowling at both of them. Suddenly Jason yelled knocking a plant pot off of the kitchen island bench. 

"Sorry" he whispered.

"I think we should go" Adrien muttered.

"NO" piper yelled "SIT DOWN"

Merinette and arien were both sat in stunned scilence.

"We know you two are ladybug and cat noir" she leered.

"WHAT?!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As if in a trance piper and Annabeth began tying the superheroes up. The tension in the room was undeniable. The four demigods radiated the intent to kill. Merinette and Adrien sat there helpless neither of them could understand how they found out they were the miraculous holders.

"Merinette" Adrien whispered "Are you really ladybug"

She felt panicked for a moment "What? of course not! these guys are crazy"

Percy started to laugh "crazy?! Maybe you would to if you were just a pawn to the gods!"

There were distant rumbles in the sky.

"Tch shut up dad" Jason hand wondered around the kitchen until he found a knife. 

Merinette struggled helplessly against the ropes trying to figure a way out. These demigods were seriously messed up! she thought. Master fu was right. She hadn't expected the situation to go down hill so fast! They seemed to be one step ahead of her and to think they so easily discovered her secret identity? Maybe if I keep denying it they will move on?  She analysed the half humans and noticed something strange.

"Adrien? do you see that in their eyes?"  she gasped.

Adrien turned his head and gasped.

"What are you staring at?" Annabeth snapped.

Their eyes had began to glow a terrifying green and red. Jason pushed Annabeth aside and brought his knife to Merinette neck. Adrien kept yelling insults but the demigod pushed the cold blade harder against her skin.

"Say the words" He whispered "I SAID SAY IT" 

electricity started fizzing up and around his arms. Percy was already advancing towards Adrien with his own knife while Annabeth and piper kept muttering things in ancient greek.

"W-whats going on!?" Adrien yelped "this doesn't seem like something hawkmoth would be apart of! would he go this far?"

"I-I don't know. i'm sure ladybug and cat noir will show up soon-"

"IDIOTS" Jason screamed.

For a moment Merinette could have swore she saw Piper flinch. She could feel Jasons blade start to dig deeper into her skin, if she didn't transform she was certain they would kill her and Adrien.

no ones going to die

"Adrien we have to do it..."

"so you really are-" He chocked.

they both looked defeatedly at the groud.

"Plagg claws out"

"Tikki spots on"

AN: Hmmmm why oh why do I have magnus as the cover photo for this chapter? any guesses?

Word count: 1031