Gordie x Reader : Long Day

Requested by chrxch

~Gordie's POV~

     "Alright that's it! Training over," I screamed as my Gym Trainers flinched. I returned my Coalossal as I tried to massage my temples. I frowned as they looked at me worriedly, "I... I'm sorry."

     I took some deep breaths and tried tp calm myself down. "You all can go home. It's been a long day and I don't want to make it longer," I stated as Abigail, Kiera, Oliver, and Wendy nodded.

     The girls left the pitch while Oliver walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. "You alright mate," Oliver asked. "Yeah just tired," I stated as Oliver cocked his head to the side. "Are you sure Gordie? I know you're tired but you also seem stressed out," Oliver stated as he squeezed my shoulder.

     "I am but this is what happens when I take over the Gym. I need to train for the upcoming League Challenge, we all do," I explained as I looked at him. "I know that but maybe you should take a break," Oliver suggested as I started to open my mouth to protest, "And I know you are going to say that 'We need to keep training to win against challengers' but and here me out. You are doing this, planning a wedding, and taking care of your fiancee."

     I sighed as I combed my hand through my hair, "You're right Oliver but moms not going to be happy with me when I tell her I'm taking a break. Especially since I told her I would take care of the wedding and this no problem."

     "Well think about it this way in a few minutes your gonna be back in your house with the love of your life," Oliver replied as he gave me a cheeky smile, "but you have to tell Ms. Melony that you need a bloody break, mate."

     "I will, I will. Now don't you have someone to be going home to as well," I questioned as he nodded happily. "Yep my beautiful daughter and handsome husband," Oliver responded once again as I pulled his cap over his eyes. "Then scram mate. I'll take care of getting that break for all of us," I stated as he released my shoulder from his grip.

     "Thanks Gordie mate, text me when happens. Right now I have to get home to my kid," Oliver stated as he waved goodbye and ran out of the pitch. I watched Oliver leave, then I looked around at the empty pitch.

     I sighed as I thought back at the long day of training with my Gym Trainers. Training was difficult enough but training my way was even harder. I liked my battling style to be refined and graceful and when we weren't doing everything the way I wanted, we started over, making everyone including myself irritated.

     I made my way to the locker room while I fixed my glasses that were falling down my nose. I thought about going home and getting to finally sleep after getting up at 4 in the morning to train by myself. I thought about sleeping with my fiancee in my arms and kissing her.

     I made it to the locker room to see my mom standing there, smiling at me. "Ello Gordie, Oliver said you wanted to talk to me," Mom stated as he walked over to me. I dodged her as I walked over to my locker. I put in my locker combination, "Well I wanted to talk to you about my schedule," I stated.

     "What about your schedule Gordie," Mom questioned as I reached into my locker to pull out my duffle bag with my training supplies. "I... I really want to take a break," I stated as mom looked at me confused. "What do you mean," Mom questioned as her smile dropped.