Chapter 9

Anastasia
———————————

I quickly exit the live and search for Millie's account. All of her photos are deleted except for one new post.

The picture is pitch black.

"Anastasia is a slut" the captions reads.

My mind races as I'm confused and hurt by these four words. There's no way Millie could have posted that. I'm sure she's just been hacked.
I get a notification.

"Madison 🥀
Hey are you ok?"

As I'm about to start typing I'm interrupted by an intruder. The door flies open, leaving my wall with an indent from the door handle.

Ariana
————————————

"You want to take a break? We've been doing this for a while now," Mikey asks with a concerning yet comforting glance.

"Sure," I respond.

We've just finished recording my background harmonies for Social House's Haunt You. It's crazy how this is the first time we collaborate on a song, as we have known each other for years.

Scootie sits next to me and opens his water.

"Why don't you guys joins me as an opening act for sweetener?" I ask them.

"Do you really think we're ready for that? We have yet to release an album."

"Of course you can do it! Just perform whichever songs you're the most comfortable with and promote you upcoming album. This is an amazing opportunity for you guys!" I exclaim.

I notice my phone's consistently receiving texts and notifications. Probably some new absurd dating rumor. Just last week there was a magazine claiming Frankie isn't my brother, but instead my secret lover. I honestly can't believe people still read, or even believe, them.

"Ariana," Scootie says in a serious tone, "you need to see this." He passes me his phone and I read the text.

My hand immediately reaches my mouth and my eyes fill with tears.

Anastasia
——————————-

My eyes fill with tears to the point of blurred vision.
"I came as fast as I could." I recognize the voice.
"Are you okay? Do you need anything? I will stay for as long as you'd like," the kind voice continues. It doesn't take long for me to realize that the voice belongs to one of my dearest friends, Miley.

"I appreciate you checking in on me," I respond in a melancholy tone. "However, I'm simply confused. Why would she say such a morbid thing?" I ask.

"In our business, you cannot trust even your closest friends. That's just LA and we can't do anything about it," she answers.

"What am I meant to do now? I can't just ignore the situation. That will only increase the drama." I respond.

"I know how you feel. You want to release a statement, but it is much better to wait it out and find out her motive. Perhaps this is all a misunderstanding." Miley answers, as she embraces me into a hug.