part 16

"beomgyu stop", you missed before: "yaaa there you are. I was looking for you everywhere." You two immediately got 2 steps away from each other, both blushing im embarrassment. "Oh wow y/n, you won a plushie? And then it's Apeach... that's so sweet", beomgyu said, full of excitement. "Uhmm yeah, isn't it great?" "This one is perfect. Did you won it?"
"No. Soobin won it for me." "Aww that's so sweet." "Yes it is", yeonjun said, before walking over to soobin. Beomgyu and you were already playing one of these basketball games, which were some meters away from yeonjun and soobin. "I'm sorry man, i wanted to stop him, but he was too fast." "It's okay yeonjun. Anyways there wasn't anything", he said, his hands in his pockets, looking at you from afar. "Are you kidding?!", yeonjun said a bit too loud, making all of you looking at him confused. "are you kidding? You two nearly kissed. Would we have come 2 seconds later, your lips would be on hers." "Yaaa yeonjun, that's not true. She likes me as a friend and- ... and i guess it's the same for me." "... sure"

— little time skip —

"hey honey, where were you?" you came home. "I was eating something with my friends and then we were in the arcade." "Sounds interesting. It's great, that you see the city. Oh- where did you get that?", he said, seeing apeach. "Oh i- no. Soobin, soobin won it for me." "That's very nice." "Yes it is. Anyways, i will go to sleep now, good night dad." "Good night my kitten."

Sunday, 01.43 a.m. , laying on your bed, eyes open, staring at the ceiling. '... what was that? ... was there a moment? ... it was one definitely ... he was so near to me ... my- our lips nearly met each others ... he is always so nice to me ... he is always looking at me ... he helped me searching my book ... sharing his umbrella with me, when he pulled me closer to him ... he came to my house, when i had a panic attack ... he hugged me and stroke my hair, when he thought i was already sleeping ... he took care of me when i fell ... he carried me to his car ... he held my hand when i was in pain ... what did he want to ask me, when we here alone in my room? ... there's too much in my head ... he is so nice ... he- he is just- just perfect.' You looked to your side, apeach laying next to you. You stroke over it, all the moments of that day commemorates; walking together, eating, the arcade, the grappler thing, getting the plushie, the moment. Thinking about it, made your face heating up. 'What did he want to ask me?' This question stuck to your head.

Staring at the ceiling, hearing the ticking of your alarm. You couldn't clear your mind. By trying to get rid of the thoughts, it just stuck more and more in your head, making you in sum fraught and stressed. You shook your head, you needed to get other thoughts. You sat up and took out your phone, opening up the internet, typing the name of your dance studio, seeing the opening times. 'Open 24h a day, 365 days a year' you read. "that's what i need now", you whispered. You changed into some short, tight, black sport pants, a lose black shirt, under it a sports bra, wearing some white socks. You wrote a sticky note for your dad "if you should be awake and read this, i'm at the dance studio, phone is on :)" and sticked it on his door. Grabbing your sports bag, your phone and keys, you got out of your house, heading to the car. Parking the car, you headed towards the building. Your body shook, when the cold wind blew you in the face. "Oh shit, i forgot my jacket..." it wasn't even a surprise for you, as diffused as you were, lately.

In the studio, you took out your ballet shoes. You didn't wear them, since you left Busan. It felt different. Starting stretching at the barre, hearing some of your favourite songs. Contemporary dance is the way, how you can express your feelings, how you can people show them your emotions, without talking. Dancing is the thing, which always clears your mind. The music got louder in your head; you could hear nothing else. 20 minutes later, you made break. 'who else ... is here at the studio now?', you asked yourself. Still wearing your ballet shoes, you walked through the hallway, to sneak a peak in the dancing rooms. Empty. Empty. Empty. 'Well i guess, i'm the only one.' Looking in the next room, there was a dancing person. It was a boy, tall, black hair, dancing pretty well. Only seeing the back of the got, you stood there watching the him.

The music ended and the boy stopped dancing. Breathing heavier, he stood in the middle of the room. Maybe he felt your gaze from behind, because he turned around, making you turn around fast, walking fast back to the dance room, you were practicing. "Which weirdo is dancing at 2 a.m. in the studio?" "Well i do", you said to yourself, laughing. While continuing dancing you got distracted by your own thoughts about the boy, dancing at this time. '... his dance moves were pretty good. Maybe it's Yeonjun again' you laughed about that notion. Not really focusing on your movement, you did a grand battement, when you suddenly dropped down to the floor, your ankle sprained. "ouch! Shit!" you sat on the floor, your hands on your ankle. You slowly stood up, carefully putting pressure on your right foot. You mumbled something to yourself, not even knowing what you said. "is everything okay? do you need help?"

"uhm... no. But thank you." You slowly turned your head to the boy, leaning against the door frame. "Oh no." the words escaped your mouth, making your heartbeat increase, your glare, surprised; your clear mind was now as clouded as before dancing. "what 'oh no'?" he furrowed his brows. "what? Oh uhmm no, i- i didn't mean you. Never mind." Your ears got red. "Did you got injured?" "uhm, i- i'm good." "y/n..." he started. "don't lie , i know you are not feeling good." "...soobin..." "y/n... you are a ballet dancer?" "what?", you looked at him dumbfounded. He pointed at your shoes. "Oh, no uhm i mean yes. I'm contemporary dancer." He nodded, walking towards you, past you, reached for the chair and carried it to you. You sat down, soobin squatted in front of you. "Okay let's take your shoes off, before your ankle gets worse." He tried to take your shoes off, opening them, but failed.

Scratching the back of your head he said "who produces that weird shoes?" "...they aren't that complicated. I'll show you", you said laughing. You untied the ribbons, slipped out of the shoe, taking off the toe pads, exposing the blisters on your toes. "Doesn't it hurt?" "Hurt what?" "The blisters and everything. They look really painful." "Oh, those. Uhmm... no not really. I got along with the pain." You held your shoe in your hand. "Okay i will try again." He carefully opened the ribbons, taking off your shoe. "What are you doing here at 3 am?" he asked, his warm hands stroking over your ankle blandly, making you feel secure. "I- i needed to get rid of some thoughts and-" "which thoughts? Did you have a nightmare again?" "luckily not." "So what bothers you?" "It's not important." "Oh okay. Come, i will help you up", he reached out his hands to you. "You can stand alone?" "...uhm, yes. It doesn't hurt that much anymore."

"Great, we should go now. It's very late", he gave you a warm smile. You nodded, carefully walking to your bag. Putting your pointe shoes in the bag and your slip-on vans on your feet, you walked to the hallway, waiting for soobin getting out of his studio. He came towards to you, wearing his jacket, looking at you worried. "y/n, you know that it's cold outside and you are just wearing your short pants?" "Oh, yes. I was very diffused when i packed my stuff and then i- i forgot it." "y/n you are different. You are special", he said chuckling and laid his arm around your shoulder. You two walked out of the studio, the cold air immediately got around your body. "Here, you need it more urgently." He took of his jacket and wrapped you in it. "But my car is right there", pointing with your thumb to your car. "The car is cold too. Just take it, i'll see you on Monday in school", he smiled and walked to his car.

'I don't need his jacket.' 'But-' You took a deep breath "hmmmm" 'it smells so good like him, so warm...' You shook your head, still standing at the doorway of the dance studio. 'I should go.' You nodded to yourself, going to your car.
'She is so pretty.' He sighed; his chin rested on the steering wheel, admiring you from his car. You, standing there, lost in your thoughts, wrapped in his jacket. A smile, which couldn't go off his face. 'Why can't that moment happen again? The moment between us, was like- magic. It felt so unreal. We met here by accident. What a coincidence, that she is there, clearing her mind, as well as i did.' He shook his head. 'I should drive now.'