Part 20

"So did I." I hear his soft whisper and my heart aches for him to hold me in his arms, for there to be no complications. Something is holding me back, but I don't know what nor why.

I pick myself up off of the ground and place my hand against the door before letting it slide and find it's place at my side.

I put one foot in front of the other as my head is spinning with so many thoughts that it's hard to keep track of which is at the front of my mind.

When I get to the kitchen, I grab two glasses and fill them with water and grip onto them tightly. I shake my head slightly to try and get out all of my emotions that way and just go back to how things were before Tom and I almost kissed. Tom is my best friend and that's it, that has to be it.

"Knock knock." I say quietly before walking into his room to find him sitting on the edge of the bed with his crutches resting against the wooden bedpost.

"Here." I hand him the glass of water with a slightly shaking hand.

"Thanks. So what's on the agenda for tomorrow?" He continues on like nothing happened, though his eyes show just how much he's thinking.

"I was thinking about showing you around town. There are a lot of cute shops around where we can take pictures and I can buy you some Colorado merch." A smile forms on my lips as things are slightly different, but not in a bad way which I was worried about.

"That sounds like fun! Can't wait." He puts on a big smile that sends a chill down my spine and butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"Well it's getting late. We should probably turn in for the night." I suggest as I take a sip of water from my glass. Tom nods his head with tired eyes, squinting slightly as he tries to keep them open. He used to sleep a lot in the hospital so he could get better quickly and because sometimes he literally had nothing better to do.

"Goodnight, y/n." His voice is so soft and gentle. It makes me want to just curl up next to him and never leave.

"Goodnight, Tom." I lean down slowly and place a whisper of a kiss on his cheek. I turn away quickly as my cheeks grow pink and warm.

I head to my room as again my head is spinning with thoughts. Why did I kiss his cheek? Did that give him the wrong idea?

No, he used to kiss my forehead and hand all of the time. What's a kiss on the cheek then? A friendly gesture, that's what it is.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day, I just have to make it not weird.
~ ~ ~
Wow, y/n and Tom are so confused with their feelings it's making my heart flutter!

Let me know by commenting, what you think is going to happen next!

Please continue to read and vote! It means so so SO much <3
~Aoife