28

To concentrate fully on one thing is good, but not if you were in the middle of a fight and also in the air. This can go wrong very quickly. Actually Jyn should have known that this could backfire very quickly.

As if out of nowhere, at least it came unexpectedly for Jyn, the Leviathan she was holding on to swung to the side; made a tortured sound and went steeply to the ground. Until that moment she could still cling on, but when two rockets hit the animal and a monster hand knocked it aside, she fell. And it wasn't a ridiculous five metres, but a good hundred.

Considering that it was hundreds of meters, the impact came quite quickly and had been surprisingly, for these conditions, quite soft and gentle. One thing had proved itself.

"I hate it", nicely put, so Jyn lay with his back on the ground and took a breather, "Why are we falling Jyn? So that we learn to get up again. Yeah, right. Height and I, will definitely not become friends again in this life... bad... who had... oh yes, T'Challa."

"Jyn", when hearing her name, Jyn closed her eyes knowingly and turned her head to the side, where she looked into Stephens face and stopped in her movement, "Let it be."

"Five years, okay? Especially as you have nothing to say to me anyway", Jyn replied bitingly, slowly pulled herself up and raised her hand in Stephens direction, "You just keep on taking care of whatever your role is in this and let me, do my job. Once we've cleared that up, perfect."

With pain in all her limbs, Jyn stood up, looked around searching and discovered a red cloud of mist that took Thanos and lifted him up into the air. It was clear who it might be. When asked which had priority, glove or witch, Jyn would tend to a dead witch.

"You can go on hating me later, when it's over, for what I've done, but now is the time to stop. As soon as the stones fall into his hands, he will destroy the whole earth and everything, every single living thing on it", how rooted Jyn stopped after a few steps, because this was the perfect opportunity and time to settle the open account with the witch, but Stephen disagreed, " 'The hardest decisions demand the strongest will', but sometimes doing nothing is the hardest thing there is treasure. Look around you and then tell me I'll be wrong, and that Thanos, he's exactly the same as the one you stood by till he died."

"I don't need to look around because it can't be the same one, but the ambitions of this one will be the same, since he has been pursuing this one goal for decades", the first bang was heard, which made Jyn fall silent and wanted to know what had caused it, but it soon became clear that a fire had been opened by Thanos ship, "Moments like these demand someone to act, someone who takes over the unpleasant, the necessary. You don't know the world the way I know it. Despite the fact that only half of humanity existed, people have continued to slaughter, murder, or give orders to kill each other. Maybe it's even better if Thanos destroys this planet. What has mankind ever done to earn the right to live? What reason is there that our life form deserves it?"

"No one can give you an answer to that. No life form is perfect. Each one is far from being even remotely perfect, but a right to life, everyone has, everyone at some point, until it destroys itself", that anyway, but Stephen wanted to go for something else from the beginning, but it was Jyn and it just never worked for her, "Someone is playing God, which nobody should. On Titan you said something to Thanos about foreign decisions. You wanted a better way than the one you had back then, but this one couldn't be worse. Is this really what you want?"

"I hate you", Jyn replied weakly and panting her eyes together, because it became more and more an inner struggle to leave it at that and stop right now, "You can't imagine how much I hate you for that right now."

"Yes, I do", Stephen knew this only too well, the harder it became for him now that it wouldn't stop there and he could only watch Jyn crouching down, putting her arms on her thighs and dangling her hands down, "And for what is yet to come, all the more so."

Jyn immediately looked up at Stephen because she couldn't follow him. Basically it didn't matter what it was because it was going to happen anyway.