Bullies

K:9.  S&M:13.   A&K:17. E:20.

Kirstie smiled up at her siblings, all gathered around the table for breakfast. Papa was finally home for breakfast, which made her morning even better, as he usually had to go to work before Kevin woke her up.

"You excited, Kirst?" Kevin smiled at his little sister. He already knew the answer by the way she was bouncing in her seat, but still waited for her to nod eagerly.

"It' go'ng to 'e so fun!" She smiled. Luckily, Kevin could easily understand her speech having lived with her for so long.

"Yeah, the first day of school is always really fun." He encouraged her, Avi nodding in agreement. However, the other two had different experiences to the first day. Scott just never really liked having to go to school and try to do the work, while Mitch also wasn't the best with people.

"I'm sure you'll have fun." Scott added in after Kevin jabbed him in the side with his elbow for a response.

Kirstie had never really gotten along with kids her age, they didn't seem to understand her. Then again, most adults didn't either. She was different than others, and they never really enjoyed the odd qualities she had, like her family said they should.

She wasn't all that big a fan of school. The teachers were fine, but the other kids didn't talk to her at all. She had finally made enough improvement to move into a regular Ed class, and she was ecstatic. She was trying to be more like how the others around her acted, and being in regular Ed meant she was a bit more normal, in her eyes at least.

Apparently, the other kids didn't think so.

On her first day, Mitch walked her to the new classroom, just like he did last year, and she immediately noticed this room had a lot more kids. The lights weren't dimmed like she was used to, and the new brightness made her flinch slightly.

When she hugged Mitch goodbye, her being one of the few people he would let touch him, Kirstie took a deep breath just like Scott had said. It helped a bit but she was still nervous.

It was really loud, at least to her standards, with kids walking around and talking to one another, greeting people they hadn't seen in a while.

No one came up to Kirstie, though. She expected it, not many people like her, but it was still discouraging for some reason.

The teacher had recognized her, and greeted the girl into her class.

"Everyone!" She called the others to attention, as they slowly quieted down. "This is Kirstie, she's joining our class from Ms. Otal." She introduced.

Kirstie waved at the group, but no one returned her gesture. As soon as the teacher, Mrs. Green, was don't talking, they went back to their groups and left her to find a desk in the corner, alone.

Kirstie hummed to herself, trying to pick her spirits back up. It was only a couple minutes into the school day, after all. Things could turn around. It could have been the only open seat,for all she knew. She pretty much was left alone to work in that corner all through the first few lessons, overjoyed to go out and play with the others at recess.

She took the opportunity to approach two girls that looked like they would be nice enough. She did her best to straighten out her smile, but it only made it look more forced and so she returned back to the regular crooked look that donned her face, taking a deep breath like Esther had said to do when she was scared, and made her way towards them.

She hadn't thought to wait until they were done, jumping right in with a friendly grin and the statement "Hi, I'm Kirstie!"

The girl's turned to her, seemingly a bit less enthusiastic than she was. After a moment of hesitation, the blonde girl spoke.