Zoo

So, I've taken this aspect as inspiration from Raven5555 So, the chapters will be like snippets of them at different ages. Feel free to request one! The ages of the kids will be posted at the top of every chapter!

Ki: 4 M: 8 S: 8 A:12 K: 12 E:14

.....................

"Alright, everyone ready?" Geoff asked his family. Today, he had called off work to do something special with them. They would all be going to the zoo.

Everyone was ecstatic, even Esther, who was a bit older and not into a lot of the things they could do for the younger ones. The large age-gap often got in the way of family fun, but luckily, Esther would always put up with it because she knew her father's were doing the best they can.

Esther and Kevin were the first ready to go, as always. Esther was older and usually was woken up by one of the younger ones that often had nightmares. (Usually, Scott, as he though Avi or Kevin would yell at him)

Kevin was just always on time for everything. His parents were quite aware of why, though. Kevin had always had issues with not looking like his siblings, and he felt like if he was the perfect child, then he wouldn't get thrown out. They were still working on teaching him that they loved him one-hundred percent unconditionally. Next Scott and Mitch. Scott was usually up the same time as Kevin, but it took him a bit longer as he wanted to help Mitchie, as he calls him, when he needs him. Mitch usually asked Scott, not only because they shared a room, but because Scott knew what he needed help with and what he didn't. When he asked one of the older three, they would end up doing it for him, not helping him do it alone.

Finally, Avi came down last with Kirstie in his arms. Kirstie preferred to do things herself, and she was quite good at it, but being so small for her age due to malnutrition for the first three years of her life, there were a few things Avi would have to help her with.

Avi was very bouncy and energetic and therefore was the best with entertaining toe younger three.

"Okay. Everyone ready?" Geoff questioned his children, or as he called them, his dragon army. (It's a long story from right after they had adopted the eldest trio.)

Everyone nodded, Avi giggling from the name, and climbed into the car. Esther, Kevin, and Scott ended up in the back row, with Avi, Mitch, and Kirstie in the middle. It usually worked out this way, as the back row was a bit more quiet for those who liked that type of thing. It was also easier for their parents to see the three they felt needed to be looked after a bit more. Smiling, they all jumped out of the car the second they arrived at the Zoo.

Kirstie and Mitch walked hand in hand together. They had always been closer to each other than their siblings, although they loved them all dearly, Kirstie just understood Mitch in a way almost no one but his father did.

It was loud out, which would usually distract Mitch, but luckily the animals were able to keep them all entertained.

Kirstie giggle as Avi lifted her onto his shoulders to see the elephants, her favorite animal.

The entire group burst out laughing, though, when dad got on papa's shoulders the exact same way.

They ran from animal to animal together, Avi is most excited for the lizards, (as they were the closest looking to the dragon

Kirstie loved the elephants and the others really just loved seeing their younger siblings so happy.

This had been the special celebration they had planned as a little "welcome party" for their youngest daughter, and it was safe to say it was going smoothly.

Everyone was having a great time, what could go wrong?

Later that night Mitch wasn't feeling quite up to it. All the lights, sounds, and sensory input were overwhelming.

Surprisingly, when Geoff explained to them that they had to go, Kirstie, who picked the zoo, seemed the least hurt.

"I'm sorry, Kirst. Maybe we can finish up a different day?" Eli offered his youngest child.

"No, it make Mitchie feel better. I live him. I go if he has to." She answered matter-of-factly.

Their two children had only know each other a little over a month, and their was an unbreakable bond between them.

A bond nothing could break.