House Of Dolls

Warning:
This chapter contains blood, corpses, dolls and slight horror.
It is a mistake since Retsukisenpai is afraid of dolls.
Language warning as well!

Y/N's theme:
https://open.spotify.com/track/3QQcmb87X6e10gdEXDx1ep?si=useYMCLsTieqxPuSysLGIg

(Princess Mononoke main theme/Legend Of Ashitaka by Joe Hisaishi)

Nichirin blades has the special property to change its color based on their owner. The swordslady's blade is purple as the night. It is the same color of the blade who killed her cultivator. They aren't as unknown as the black blades who's properties are unknown.

But so far, there are only two purple blade users in this world.

Just as the crow instructed, townspeople has been disappearing in the forests. Most victims are children and women. Just as Y/N thought, it is a crime of demon.

The townspeople is lively with families and children altogether. With their happy and genuine smiles when they thought they have enough things to fill their needs and no lives will be took.

If demons never roam around the earth a life like that could be enjoyed.

"Oh dear..."

"Another disappearance?"

"Its the sixth time this month!"

It seems that the thought of happiness and peace is nothing more than a fool's dream. The citizens began whispering and huddled up in groups to spread the tragic rumor. The atmosphere wore down and tension rose. The smiles and laughter is replaced with pity and whispers 

"Who is it this time?"

"Its Sawako-san's eldest daughter..."

"Oh no!"

This might be one of the clues of where the demon's location is. In the middle of the commotion, a middle-aged woman weeps with other women and a man trying to comfort her. Behind her is a group of children watching their mother in pain and sorrow. The female demon slayer felt heart string being pulled just by seeing humans in sorrow.

This woman's pain is caused by my own kind...i may not be the suspect for this woman's pain but just seeing humans breaking down into tears because of demons...i felt guilty as well...

She clutched her fists and marched herself to the poor woman. With a polite and gentle voice, she asks the woman about the situation she is having. The weeping woman looked up only to see a curvaceous and petite girl with her eyes covered by a half kitsune mask. She was suspicious at first by the girl's strange fashion with the unknown uniform and mismatched haori.

"Excuse me, i was happen to be passing this village. But you seem stressed is anything all right miss?"

"Uhm...i am sorry but, who are you? Are you looking for someone?" The woman asked. The girl shook her head.

"No. I am just a mere traveler that could help people in need." She replied. For some reason, the woman become more at ease as she converse with the mysterious young girl. As if this girl has suffered more pain than her but somehow she is able to get back up and left the pain in the past.

"We started to have cases of disappearance of women and children...last night, my eldest daughter, Tayako, didn't came back home...then that moment my husband and i knew....sh..sh-she'll never came b-back!" She started wailing. The man who is her husband, pulled his wailing wife close to him and started rubbing her head.

"We weren't the only victims here. Other villagers started to disappear every night as well not only from this town..." The man explained. Though a clue has pointed that the demon must have eaten more than fifty humans. The younger girl furrowed her eyebrows.