🤍Envious Énouement🤍

Beginne am Anfang

'Oh...It's happening again...'

In an instant, you felt trapped as though concrete had been poured into your airways. Once again you were underwater, just below the surface with nothing under you and no way of reaching the surface. The lack of air drove you to forcefully gasp, breathing as though the oxygen had been sucked from the surrounding air. The blood pounded in your ears with your heart loudly thudding in your chest.

"𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚝-"

Your hands shook. Your feet tingled. (A.I/n)'s voice became white noise. Your vision turned disfigured as if you were looking through a fish-eye lens.

"𝙱𝙿𝙼: 𝟷𝟿𝟹, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚍𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚕 𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚜. 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜..."

You whispered in a low, scratchy tone, "...Overhaul..."

"𝚈𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖. 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚘𝚠..."

If there was one person who knew how to help you through this, it was him.

But no one answered.

"𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚟𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚕?"

The temperature of your head rose as your body grew heavier. You balled your hands into fists so tightly that your nails dug into your palms. Your chest became tighter as bile crept its way upward.

You had to get away. You couldn't stay near this damned island any longer. You couldn't look at it. You felt stranded. Unable to move even the slightest bit.

"...Overhaul..."

"𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝟽."

'Seven...six...five...seven...'

"𝙸𝙽𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙴... 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚍... 𝙴𝚇𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙴... 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚍... 𝚁𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

'Seven...I can't...'

"𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖. 𝙵𝚘𝚌𝚞𝚜."

You blinked and the blurry spot you persistently stared at finally focused itself.

'A pearl...on a ring...A diamond...Glass...More glass...Glass...'

"𝙱𝙿𝙼: 𝟷𝟸0. 𝙸𝙽𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙴... 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚍... 𝙴𝚇𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙴... 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚍... 𝚁𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

"...Overhaul..."

"𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚞𝚛𝚗, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖. 𝙵𝚘𝚌𝚞𝚜. 𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚞𝚛𝚗."

Your eyes slowly fixated on the urn inside the broken box. A persistent warm liquid ran down the palms of your hands from the damage your dug-in fingernails caused. The surrounding area became clearer as you concentrated on the modern amphora.