Chapter Eight: A Call in Need

Start from the beginning

"Guys," I caught their attention, "I think the dragon is coming-" An angry bellow cut me off. Kyran yelped and fell. Senpai helped him up, he seemed shaken off too. The Discord chat was bursting with notifications. Evelyn read them all.

"RUN!" Aly cried, taking off, the rest off us were following. The clothes we wore were light and quick. Lunar was right about not wearing heavy stuff. But it wasn't enough. In a few moments, I saw the dragon. It's golden scales reflected off the moonlight, it's magnificent wings beated in the air, its eyes burned with anger and were wild. It opened its mouth, fire escaped from it, aiming toward us. We all scattered in different directions. I shot my arrow at the dragon, but I didn't put enough power in it. The arrow bounced off helplessly off the dragon's toughened scales. It's dark gold eyes turned to me, soon it chased after me.

I ran as fast as I could, fear gripped at my heart, Is this how it all ends? I thought as I ran. Then I heard glass break. I looked back, and I saw glass under the dragon and the dragon itself roared in pain. Green liquid oozed from its eye as it turned onto Senpai. I saw an empty potion spot in his belt. He had saved me by throwing a potion of poison at it's eye.

The dragon stumbled over Senpai, its once gorgeous eye was half closed and red. Blood dripped from it, pain shown clearly in its eyes. Then, I saw a silver arrow flying the air and stuck itself into the dragon's hide. The dragon spun around, angry. Kyran trembled under its mighty gaze. I pulled back my bow and watched my arrow soar. It hit the dragon's side, green fumes floated around the spot I hit. Then I saw Evan fling a throwing knife for the injured eye. It barely missed, shot just a bit over. The dragon was now trying shake off the arrows and knife. A cry of hurt and anger filled the night. It was quite sad. But we weren't done yet, Evelyn threw a star at its forehead. It bled ferociously. That's when I noticed Aly with her dagger out, she carefully crept behind the dragon. The rest of us covered for her as she climbed up the dragon's back as carefully as her could. She hung on for her dear life, finally reaching its head. The dragon tried to fling her off, but was unsuccessful. Aly raised her dagger and stabbed it into it's head. Now the dragon was fuming. It shook its head as hard as it could with how little energy it had left. Aly slid off the dragon in time before it fell to the ground.

I heard shouts of congratulations behind me. I turned to see the Krew just arriving. Draco had his flaming sword. Rainbow held a glowing pink scythe. Gold carried a golden bow with arrows slung over her shoulder. Lunar had two shadow daggers in her hands, relief crossed her face. And Funneh held an ice sword with a water knife sheathed in her knife holster.

"You guys slayed a dragon!" Funneh congratulated, a smile creeped onto her face as she arrived.

Draco panted, then yelled in victory, "THAT WAS SO COOL!"

Lunar nodded, "Aly, that was amazing courage shown!"

"Thanks, though I wouldn't have done it if they hadn't covered for me," Aly gushed.

Rainbow hugged Senpai, "That was amazing," she muttered. Gold saw the exchange and giggled before she congratulated us.

I smiled, "I have to admit, that adrenaline rush felt nice."

"Now you know why we like adventuring so much," Funneh nudged me.

Evelyn gave Lunar back her phone, "Thank you."

Lunar took it back, "Thanks discord, you guys are awesome."

The chat replied then she closed the stream, placing her phone back into her backpack. Lunar turned to us, "Well, I think you guys deserve a night time's sleep."

"We kinda packed everything up," Senpai said, motioning to the empty spot under the tree.

Draco opened his inventory, "You guys can take a break while we unpack everything. Just hand us the stuff and we'll take care of it."

NO FRIENDS | KREW x YHS Story [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara