Lucius had made a small hut near a cave to rest after walking for most of the day. It was also getting dark and traveling in the night through thick woods may be dangerous not because of wild animals but because they could involuntarily step in classified territory of another tribe.

The evening turned into a dark night with sounds of crickets, night birds and few animals from faraway. As the night deepened, the couple slowly fell into slumber on each side of the bed, both keeping a check on each other.

It was when the moon was on the top of their heads was when Madonna had to get up for some water. Her throat was dry for some reason and she was having a bad feeling as if something or someone bad was approaching them.

She poured a mug of water for herself and drank in one gulp turning towards Lucius. He was in a sound sleep after an exhausting day which brought a smirk on her lips. He was complaining all the way long on how heavy she was to carry.

Good! Serves him right for bringing it upon himself!

Who asked him to wed her and seal all her magic?

Madonna brushed off the bad vibe she was getting and returned to bed when she heard a shuffling noise outside their petite establishment. She walked out cautiously out of curiosity as to what the sound was. It was not some animal save for it sounded feral.

Were they in a claimed area? She was quite positive the land was not claimed.

She heard it again; the feral cry coming close from woods. Madonna headed out and inched closer towards the part of the forest where it was bushy and thick.

Her eyes sized the area thoroughly but found none and any noise she heard previously has died. Turning towards the tent, she took a couple of steps when a large body jumped in front of her.

To her amusement, she did not shriek or gulp as her eyes took in the huge red form of a demon. His frame was magnificent, eyes pitch black, horns on head and skin bright red as though it was burned to be that way.

It was no routine Demon. It was one of those few soul-devouring demons who devour souls of human or other inferior tribes to keep themselves alive for centuries. The crimson tinted demons are fatal and could overpower many powerful beings with the energy they get from consuming the souls.

Madonna was taken aback by the sudden appearance of a scarlet Demon in the region they were staying. Although the land was not claimed, it was surrounded by many territories thus it would be rather difficult to cross them over and get to the place where they were.

She wondered if she just happened to stumble upon the beast or she was approached by one.

The scarlet beast lips its lips as it leaned back in a crouching form, preparing to jump. Madonna should be terrified and panic over the fact that her magic was sealed and she was unarmed to protect herself. However, she just smiled at the beast slyly and took a step forward.

"Gorgeous. A beast at appearance looking gorgeous to my eyes?" Madonna mumbled loudly blinking her eyes at the sneering beast. "Goodness, do I feel my heart raging fiercely?"

Hearing what the petite woman had said, the demon's stance stilled for a moment and relaxed. He was not expecting it from the poor soul that he resolute to eat.

The Scarlet beast roared when Madonna took another step towards him. "Oh hush now sweet, It is merely so fascinating to see such a magnificent and beautiful being standing before me." She said carelessly with a light laugh.

"Although I would love to see more of your beauty, dear sweet; the man who was holding the power over me was there inside the hut waiting for me to join him-" She whispered regretfully as she arched her head down in disappointment. "- in bed."

Madonna inched forward again just a step away from the beast and raised her hand, trailing a finger round his rough wide jaw lightly.

"Oh my red beast, take me away; away from the man in the hut and make me yours. All yours. This young woman wishes nothing except for to be with you, look at you and love you."

The beast roared loudly trailing his eyes over the young alluring woman with raw hunger, hunger different from the precious one.

With one more glance at the shyly smiling beautiful woman in front of him, he turned towards the hut where Lucius was soundly sleeping.

As the beast made his way to the hut to end the man who has had power over the shy woman he saw moment ago, Madonna smiled mischievously to herself.

"I can still shield myself without powers. This shall be enjoyable to watch." Madonna said to no person in particular and laughed as she walked to their petite establishment to get her fun for the night.

He is all yours Milord!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

How is the chapter? Interesting? Boring?

What do you think about Lucius? Does he really know more than what he is letting us?

Is Madonna really that heavy that Lucius compared to her mountain rocks or was he pulling her leg?

Do you think, with her brain, does she need any powers at all?

Isn't she clever seeing how she managed to guard herself from the demon?

Will Lucius be the demon's next food or will he save himself?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim