location - mairi

kairi's pov

i woke up to the smell of coffee and when i fluttered my eyes open, big boi mattia was beside me drinking some dunkin coffee.

"oh kai, you're awake." he said with a smile.

"nah bitch, i'm asleep." i replied sarcastically while punching his right arm playfully.

"what did i do to you?" he said with a cute fake frown.

"nothing."

"whatever. get up and shower. we're going somewhere." he said while patting my butt.

so you see, mattia has been my best friend for 10 mf years. we've been best friends since kindergarten. people would think we're dating but nope. not yet.

i showered, letting the hot water drip to my skin. i always liked warm baths. they help me relax and calm down.

sometimes, mattia would let me feel things i've never felt before. he'd give me butterflies and i don't understand why and how he does that, but he just does.

he also confessed to me 2 years ago that he was bisexual. and he had feelings for a boy for quite a long time now. i would always ask him if he still likes the boy because for some reason, it really gets to my nerves.

i soon went out the shower with my towel tied around my waist. mattia looked me up and down and bit his bottom lip. oop, i'm blushing.

"dude, stop staring at me."

"oh, i'm sorry." he said with a goofy smile.

"i'm gonna shower now." he said.

"okie dokie."

he showered for a while and eventually went out. i asked him where we were going but he just wouldn't budge. ok fine.

we went to his car and he opened the door for me. wow, he never did that before.

"what a gentleman." i said while clapping my hands and looking like a proud mom.

"shut up." he said playfully as he rolls his eyes and gave a slight smile.

he started the car and as it was moving, i was just admiring the view from the window although there's not much to see.

the car soon stops infront of our school when we were in kindergarten. umm, what?

"kai, we're here." he says.

"what are we doing here?" i asked but i didn't receive an answer.

we were walking until we reach our classroom. he sat down at his chair back then and grabbed me to sit down in my old seating arrangement, which was right beside him.

"here is where we first met. when you broke your pencil and i let you borrow my sharpener." he said as we both laughed from the memory.

"here is also where we became the bestest of friends." he continued.

"i want you to remember everything and every moment we had in kindergarten. we were innocent back then. but are we still now?" he laughed and i laughed aswell.

"are we innocent, mattia?" i asked as i was still laughing.

"guess not." he laughed aswell.

he grabbed my hand and we went outside and back to his car. our next stop was our elementary school.

"we both cried hard because we thought we were going to separate when grade school was coming. but we were still classmates and still seatmates."

"yeah, i remember that." i smiled because of the nostalgia.

he took me to the soccer court and we sat down in the bleachers.

"when we first started high school, i came out of the closet to you here. in this location. i also told you that i like a guy. up to this day i still like that guy."

"for some reason, i don't like that guy." i said, rolling my eyes.

"why?" he asked.

"i hate the way you talk about him. when you talk about him, your eyes literally shows whipped. they turn to heart eyes!" i said. he laughed.

"well kairi, that guy is you."

WHAT?

so you're telling me that i literally hated myself for years. i was jealous of myself for years.

"mattia, i-" i said.

i was out of words. this is literally a dream come true.

"this, this is"

"kairi, i like you." he said.

"i like you too."

a/n:

oof, finally a mairi/kattia fanfic that doesn't have an ending where mattia rejects kairi and soon realizes that he's a dick so he apologizes and they get together. (i want this to be my next plot but almost all kairi x mattia stories have this plot)

so yep, a happy ending for us. don't forget to vote and comment. you can also send requests! also don't forget to read the chapters before this one.

thank you

love ya <3