#Chapter23# Can't Sleep

Jayden's POV

When I heard Abby sing I was so amazed at her voice.
I remember the first time I heard her sing was when she was doing her interview and I fell asleep.

But right now this is perfect.

When she was done singing I had to behave myself because all I wanted to do was to kiss her.

I've been distant from her ever since she started working with me because I found out that I have feelings for her and I know she doesn't feel anything for me.

I wanted to congratulate her on a good job when I heard my Mom talking to her.

My mom always wanted me to marry Rita which is why she doesn't like Abby

I really wanted my grandparents to be here. Too bad they are coming only during the Christmas period.

When Abby passed me she looked upset and I hate it.
I have pretended for so long that I didn't like her even Carl my best buddy said I should go for her and that's what I am going to do.

I will make Abigail Henderson fall for me.

By the way where is she I haven't seen her since.

I have to go look for her.

Abby's POV

I was done keeping the plates so I went to the backyard where the pool was.

After some minutes Shina, Jayden's younger sister met me.

"You have an amazing voice you know?" She said

"Thanks"

"What is going between you and my brother" she said looking at me

" Actually it's only work" I said and looked back at her. She has beautiful tanned skin and her gown is beautiful. It's an off shoulder straight gown like mine but hers is gold and it ends in her mid thigh. She wore a shining silver chain and a gold stilettos. She looks perfect and the difference between her and Rita is that she doesn't look like a slut she looks like a celebrity and also she is not a spoiled brat.

"You are the first girl that Jay has ever brought to this house to meet his family" she said and I remembered her Mom said that too.

" What about Rita" I asked the question that has been bugging me after her Mom told me.

"Rita is a family friend who my mom wants her to get married to Jay and she is crazy over him. Jay never brought her here her parents did and that's why she seems to be so close to our family" she said.

Why is she talking as if she doesn't like Rita.

" Because I don't she is so annoying with her slutty  outfits. Can you imagine that she wants to take my spot from my mom's heart?" She said.

Oops I said that out loud my bad.

" Ehmmmmm what? That's impossible"
I said

" Not for Rita and she even said it to my face. I want to be left alone in a room with her so that I can bang her head on the wall maybe just maybe she will have sense after that" I said showing an example with air.

" At least we agree on something but based on the way I see Rita no matter how many times you bang her head she won't have sense so I'm thinking we need to knock her out and do a brain transplant. But who will want his or her brain in her head huh?" I said stroking my chin.

" OMG you're a genius. That's soooo harsh. We get along so well. We should totally hang out. I'm loving you already" I said holding my two hands and I remembered Jayden doing the same but I shook it off. I don't want to spoil my moment with his sister.