chapter 4- Mr. and Mrs. Greenwood

I had been looking out of my window waiting for Danny to arrive. I was so excited. I raced down the stairs and opened the door before Danny could even knock.

"Hey, you're an eager beaver today." Danny said

"So?"

"What?" Danny replied cluelessly

"Hunting. Don't tell me you forgot," I slumped down onto the sofa

"I was just messing with you, I've got all the gear in my car,"

I ran toward the front door tripping over my own feet and hitting my head against the windowsill.

"Whoa," Danny said as he picked me up "you ok?"

The pain struck me a while after the hot and it was immense. I felt a trickle of blood down the side of my head.

"I'm gonna call your parents." Danny said

"No no!" I said quickly "it's fine this sort of stuff always happens." I said in a rush to think of a lie that meant we could still hunt.

Danny carried me all the way upstairs to my bed. My head was hurting, allot. I closed my eyes slowly and I could feel Danny getting up off my bed. I opened one eye to see where he was going; as I did I saw a tattoo on his neck. It was a tattoo of a knife going through the word 'Kleps'. Maybe I'll draw it later.

Danny's P.O.V

I walked over to the phone and picked it up. Suddenly I heard a noise; someone was opening the bathroom door downstairs.

"Nate, dude, you're not meant to be out of your bed." I called. He was a nice kid but a stubborn one.

Then the tap was turned on

"Nate, I'm going to have to tie you down if you don't start listening, are you okay?" I asked. No reply

I slowly walked toward the door, opening it slowly peering around the corner, there was no one was inside but the tap was running . I heard some footsteps behind me...

Nathan's P.O.V

People make mistakes all the time but there are those more dire than others. I made a lot of mistakes within the time space of only a few minutes that would change my life.

I had woken up about 2 hours later, it was 7:00pm mom and dad would be here any minute now. I went to the washroom and when I looked into the mirror I saw a gun on the floor behind me. I inspected the gun and realised it wasn't my dad's. I lifting the pistol up carefully, mistake one, I ran out of the washroom and I rushed down the stairs to tell Danny, mistake two.

"Danny, look what I've found!" I shouted entering the kitchen. He wasn't there, I saw some water on the floor that led towards the washroom, I opened the door, and it was Danny, only he was lying in a pool of blood. My hands fell onto his chest as I tried to wake him, mistake three.

"Danny!" I yelled shaking the lifeless body. "Stop fooling around, No! Come on wake up. Danny!" He showed no signs of life and all I could do was sit beside him crying over his lifeless body.