Chapter 2--Dinner

Here is chapter two of Confusion, I hope you enjoy!

----------------

~Percy's POV~

After my little talk with the war princess, I was originally on my way to Nico's cabin to see what's up with Nico and Will. I'm heading there now, because I am very overwhelmed right now. For gods sake, he really had to tell me right after the war about everything!

As I approached Nico's cabin, I noticed that the cabin was being redone. Good for him. Now that I think about it, the kid is getting a lot more, well, talkative I should say. Technically, what I'm saying is, he's doing more things and well, talking. Yep, that's all I got.

Anyway, I was about to knock on the cabin door, but a wind of fear rushed over me stopping my fist in the air from knocking. Why was I feeling this? I just couldn't knock.

I was, scared.

Why would I be scared? Like, I don't have a like him or anything. Wait, why am I thinking about this? Why am I freaked out? I shouldn't be! He doesn't have a crush on me anymore, he said it himself. All I want to know what's up with him and Will. But some sort of force was stopping me. And I started to have a conversation with myself. Talk about weird.

Okay, Percy, why are you not knocking?

Well, because something is stopping me.

What's stopping you?

I thought about that real hard. But it finally hit me.

Fear of rejection. What if he gets all angry at me for asking about it, and it ruins our friendship? I know, I was hating on him before, but I still like the kid.

But, the real question is, do you want the friendship?

As I was deep into my thoughts the dinner bell went off.
I'll get back to you, or, er, me later.

---------------

~Nico's POV~

"Get up ya sleepy head!" Will shouted. He seemed pretty, happier than usual.

"Whaaat whhhyy!" I complained.

"Dinner that's what. Follow me." Will said as he headed out the door.

"I know where the dinning hall is, I'm not that brain dead." I mumbled.

"Then lead me." He stopped and waited. "Go on head, where is it." Will put his hand on his hips. I looked around stupidly.

"Uhhh fine, I don't know my way around the infirmary, Solace. Well played." And we headed off to the dinning hall.

"Hey," Will turned to me with a....Willish smile on his face, while grumpy me over here, kept a straight face.
"Do you ya want to sit with the Apollo table today." He glanced at his table. "I don't think they will mind." Will suggested.

"I'm not good with human interaction."

"Ok sure, but don't worry, I won't let them bring you down." Will smiled and lead me to the table.

As soon as I sat down, people immediately gave me dirty looks, and moved their spots in the table. I sighed.

"Hey!" Will shouted to the Apollo campers. "He is not a bad kid! He is brave, courageous, and powerful. If you mess with my friend, you mess with me." Will protested. I couldn't believe my ears. What I also couldn't believe, was that the whole camp was listening. Grreat. Percy was listening too. So was Annabeth, Jason, and the rest of them. Annabeth was smiling, a she nudge Percy and looked like she was said to him, "told you." but I might be wrong, I'm a terrible lip reader. I just sat there silently staring at the son of the Apollo. He looked at me and I was blushing. Just great, this is going just great.