f i f t y s e v e n

A

A.N.
The last chapter....I hope you enjoy it 🖤

HARRY

I've been in Canada for about two months now, and things have been going well so far. Liam and I's apartment is a bit of a mess and not really decorated properly, but we are two young guys after all, so I guess it's not really that surprising. We're definitely living up to the straight male stereotype though, which Anna reminds us of every time she calls, so we should probably amend that soon.

Classes have been going on for a few weeks now, and they've been quite interesting so far, which I found surprising. Half of me expected to be sat in the lecture theatre completely bored out of my mind and disinterested, and I'd realise I made a huge mistake and immediately book a flight back home. Or maybe I never actually thought that, and it was just something that part of me wanted to happen. Either way, it didn't, and I'm actually enjoying my time here so far. I'm setting up a new life for myself, and although it feels different and a little strange sometimes, I'm starting to like it.

I spent so long making sure Scarlett had senough oxygen to breathe that I let myself stand beside her helplessly gasping for air. It's time to learn how to breathe on my own now.

Since I moved here, I haven't really spoken to Scarlett, apart from a few 'she says hi's that are passed on from Anna whenever she calls to check in. Ever since Scarlett and I's moment of closure by the lake, Anna and Scarlett have been spending more time together and seem to be friends again, which I'm happy about because they used to be so close, and it'd be a shame if they threw away such a good friendship. Aside from checking Scarlett's social media a couple times (or admittedly, maybe a few times), I don't really know what she's been up to lately. I hear she's doing good though, and she's happy, so I suppose that's all that really matters.

"Harry? Mate, are you listening to me?"

The sound of Liam's voice and his hand waving in front of my face snaps me from my thoughts, pulling me back to reality, which currently consists of Liam and I sat together at one of the student bars. It's become our bar of choice since moving here, because the drinks are cheap and the atmosphere is chill, and they play some good live music on the weekends.

Sometimes, I do miss the classic English pubs back home, where my friends and I would sit for hours laughing and drinking, and where Scarlett would beat my ass at pool, or snooker, as they call it here. I especially miss the times when everyone would head outside for a smoke, all of us huddling together because of the cold, and Scarlett would somehow wiggle her way into my jacket with me, even if she was wearing one of her own. These are the type of small moments I've been finding myself fondly remembering.

"Sorry," I say to Liam, taking another swig of my beer before setting it back down on the bar again. "What did you say?"

"I said," Liam repeats. "Have you noticed that girl at the end of the bar looking at you for the past few minutes?"