e l e v e n

A.N.
this chapter is pretty long but I thought you guys deserved it from all the love you've been giving the story so far. Enjoy x

H A R R Y

I trudge off to class with my fists still clenched, wishing that I punched that prick Kyle's face while I could. However, it was rather amusing to watch Scarlett push him up against the locker like that, and also very hot. Even though I may want to help, she's always been able to fight her own battles, and I know she'd be more pissed at me if I interfered than if I just left her to deal with it herself as she asked.

The classroom is already pretty full when I push open the door, a few people already seated but the majority still stood around having a chat before it starts. I push my way through to my seat at the back, although I suddenly find myself crossing paths with Bella.

"Harry! There you are," she greets me with her usual friendly smile.

"Oh, hey, Bella," I reply. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm great. I was actually looking for you."

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Well," she begins. "First of all, I wanted to apologise for how I was at the party the other night. I was a bit drunk, and I know I was coming on a bit too strong. It was kind of creepy. So I'm sorry."

I nod, chuckling at the memory. "It's fine," I assure her. "It wasn't creepy, don't worry."

She smiles like she's pleased with my answer. "Ok, thank god," she laughs. "Anyway, a few of us are going to the pub tonight, if you wanted to join us? It's a casual thing, just a few drinks. I think there may be some live music, but nothing too crazy. I understand if you don't want to or if you're busy or-"

"Bella," I cut her off with a laugh. "Relax. I'll come."

She raises her eyebrows in surprise, her smile widening even more. "Really?"

"Sure," I shrug. "Sounds like it'll be fun. What time?"

"We're all meeting around 8."

"Ok, I'll meet you all there then?" I ask and she nods. "Alright. See you then."

She grins at me again as I dodge past her, making my way over to my seat. I sit down and pull everything I need out of my bag, which is just paper and a pen really, but I always have spare because Scarlett never remembers to bring anything to class. I don't know how she manages in her classes that I'm not in.

Everyone gradually settles down into their seats too and about 5 minutes later, Mr Daniels strolls in, immediately shutting up all the girls at the front that were chatting away a second ago, too busy gazing up at him now instead. Mr Daniels, or Alex Daniels, is the youngest lecturer here, only a couple of years older than us, and all the girls seem to be in love with him. Whether he teaches them or not, the girls will shamelessly flirt with him, and he will flirt back.

Scarlett is no exception to this, always talking about how hot he is. I think it's probably the reason why she has the highest grade in this class, because she actually makes an effort. The weirdest part of it all is that he seems to have a soft spot for her, always joking with her and teasing her, and never getting her in trouble for things that she probably should get in trouble for. She thinks it's sweet, but I think it's fucking creepy.

Just as I'm thinking this, I see Mr Daniels' eyes flash up to the row I'm sat on, glancing at the empty chair next to me. His gaze meets mine and he raises his eyebrows quizzically. "No Scarlett today?"

"No," I reply bluntly. "She might be late."

I hear a few snickers from the girls at the front, obviously about this picture going around, but they catch the glare I shoot at them and they soon shut up again. Mr Daniels just nods at me, once again not seeming to care if Scarlett's late and continuing on with the class.