Chapter 2: Nearly Attacked, But Saved

Renae and Venus walked for several miles. Once again, so many thoughts ran through Renae's mind. She was thinking so much, that she didn't realize that she walked into a alleyway that she did not recognize. It took her a moment to realize what she was doing. Then, Venus started growling, very fiercely. "What is it, girl?" she asked her. The dog's growling grew louder. Renae was about to say something, but was suddenly pinned to the wall. She looks up and sees a man in his late 30's, clearly drunk. He wore a black leather jacket, black jeans, and a dark blue top. "Hey sweetheart, what's a nice girl like you doing in an alley like this?" he said. She could practically smell the scent of beer from his breath, she almost gagged. "Just passing through, now let me go!" she said. She tried getting out of the man's grip, but his hold on her only tighten. "Why would I do that when I could-ARGH!!" Before he could say anything, Venus clamps her strong teeth and jaws on the man's leg, causing him to scream. She would not let her human companion get hurt. Using his other leg, he swiftly kicks the Doberman away from him, making her yelp in pain. "Venus!" Renae screamed. She was about to run to her dog, but the man grabs her again, gripping her arms tightly. "Ow! You're hurting me!" she said to him. 

                                    "Well, if you do what ever I say, I probably won't hurt you as much" he said seductively. The young girl began to fear the worst to happen. She closed her eyes as tightly as she could. She braced herself with what was to come. But nothing happened. She then heard the man's screams of terror filling her ears. Renae opens her eyes and sees the man being beaten by a large, shadow creature. She didn't dare move. She couldn't bring herself to do anything at this very moment. All the young girl could do was stand where she's standing, frozen and breathing heavily. The man runs away, like a scared child, away from the beast who attacked him. The creature looks towards Renae, who was starting to shake and almost collapse to the ground. She expected to fall to the concrete, but the impact never came. She catches a glimpse of something red, before falling into unconsciousness.