F O R T Y - S E V E N

Start from the beginning

-

Hermione paced back and forth, as she read the letter from her friend, y/n. This time, she knew that their plan to escape y/n from her Manor was difficult, now knowing that she's back somewhere in France. And all of this happened because of her father, Proteus Guildford, the man who they called the mysterious wizard.

Dear Algenib,

I think that your plan will not work at all. They put me back here and told me that I have to study back at Beauxbatons. I don't why this is happening, but one thing I know for sure that there is something wrong, and I need to find that answer.

Don't tell the boys about this, okay? Just tell them whenever they're ready. If your plan doesn't work then I'll think of a new way out of this. I miss you and I love you. Xx

-Alpheratz.

Hermione's heart shattered when she knew that next school year isn't the same with y/n. She sighed and hid the letter inside her pocket. She doesn't want to let Ron know about this letter even though he is here with her at the Grimmauld Place aka the headquarters of the order of the phoenix.

She sat on her bed, thinking that this day is the worse so far. Earlier, she found out that Harry performed the patronus charm in front of Dudley. Then now, she read the situation of y/n was in, causing her to be more worried for her best friend's state.

We really need to make a plan now. Hermione thought. If they are not going to make an escape plan for her then it would be an absolute torture for y/n.

"Why is your face like that?" asked Ron, entering inside the room.

Should I tell him about y/n? Hermione asked herself.

"Just thinking.." sighed Hermione. Ron only look at her and slowly nodded. Hermione wanted to tell Ron, but she thought it would be better if Harry is already here right now.

"About y/n's plan... How are we going to do that?" asked Ron, scratching his neck.

Well, Ronald, knowing that y/n's somewhere in France, then that means our plan will not work after all.

Hermione held the letter inside from her pocket. "We'll talk about that later when Harry is... Harry!"

She quickly gave Harry a hug, causing Harry to ran out of breath because of the tight hug. Ron laughed, as he told Hermione to let go of Harry.

Harry smiled at Ron. He looked at his two best friends, but then he realised y/n is not here with them. Not long after, the three of them talked about the incident, Dumbledore, and Hogwarts.

"Did y/n owl you, Hermione?" asked Ron, recalling that Hermione was about to tell him earlier right before Harry barged in the room.

"About that..." said Hermione, fishing out the crumpled parchment from her pocket. "There's a slight problem."

Hermione gave the letter to Ron and Harry, letting the boys to read y/n's letter. She can see how their expression changed when they finally read her letter. Ron's eyebrows were bunched downwards whilst Harry shook his head left and right. The two boys couldn't believe that y/n will be not going back to Hogwarts, and not only that, but they were also mad at her father.

"You call this slight? It's a major problem, Hermione!" exclaimed Ron, letting go of the letter from his hand.

"And maybe she's in danger right now. You should've told us this sooner!" said Harry, running his finger through his hair. Harry is already worried for his hearing about the incident and now it was already added when he read the letter.