CHAPTER TEN [ R E V E L A T I O N ]

CHAPTER TEN
[ R E V E L A T I O N ]

IT WAS nine o'clock in the evening when Mr. Yamade arrived. Twelve immediately greeted the old man upon seeing him. He felt very comfortable with him and same goes with the old man. Instead of talking about business first, they talked about their personal lives. It seems that they have met each other before and have just met so they are making the most of the time. The joy on the face of the old man could not be contained when Twelve made him laugh.

After a while, Mr. Yamade invited him to dinner. He also suggested Twelve to spend the rest of the night in the mansion. That was favorable with Twelve since he he has not settled his temporary residence because he went straight to Mr. Yamade’s mansion.

He was walking towards the dining area when he noticed Lisa approaching. "Hi, Lisa," Twelve greeted her with a smirk. Lisa's lips twitched as her cheeks flushed because of embarassment. His greetings have caught people’s attention because he made it a little louder. She couldn’t understand his trip. It seemed like he meant it for everyone to hear. Twelve just smiled at everyone.

Lisa was silent during the whole meal as the conversation continued to be about business. Twelve have always been initiating the talk. He seems so familiar with it.

"You don't seem to be eating too much, Lisa. Is there something bothering you?" Haise asked, worried about the girl.

"Huh? Ahh. . . it’s n-nothing. It's just like that. I-I'm still full.”

"Oh, no, that's not it. You have to eat a lot, baby. Here, take some of this," Haise continued to say to the girl as she reached for her dish.

He gave a friendly smile to the young man. Suddenly, Twelve caught everyone’s attention. He slowly wiped his lips with a table napkin and then slowly stands up. Lisa met his gaze but she couldn’t read what he’s thinking.

"Excuse me, I’ll go to my room now, Mr. Yamade," Twelve said dryly.

Even the old man noticed the tension at the moment. Mr. Mitsuko immediately turned to Twelve but he’s already walking away. The rest did not do anything about it. Lisa on the other hand has lost her appetite so she stopped eating completely. Haise, meanwhile, just kept talking to his uncle.

Twelve was lying on his bed when someone knocked on his door. He forced himself to get up even if he don’t want to. He saw one of the assistants as he opens the door. Mr. Yamade was calling him according to the person.

Twelve immediately fixed himself before leaving the room. He quickly closed the door and secretly glanced at the room of Lisa which he have passed going to the study room. A smile broke Twelve's lips before continuing on his way. The young man became cheerful at last.

TWELVE AND Mr. Yamade are in the middle of their conversation when someone knocked. It was Yui. She was looking at her differently as he goes to Mr. Yamade.

"Brother, take your medicine first." He then gave Mitsuko a cup of medicine. When the old man was finished, Yui went out already.

Twelve simply watched. He couldn't help but doubt her. He was just looking at the door when Mr. Yamade noticed him. Twelve switched his focus when the old man got his attention.

"You see, Twelve, even if my sister’s tongue is sharp, she has sweetness in her too." He coughed a little. "Okay, back to topic. Is it true that there was a foul play in my daughter's accident with his family?"

"Yes, sir," he answered promptly. He even showed his gathered evidence.

From Twelve's investigation, he found out that someone had paid the authorities for the case to be dismissed and to cover up the real culprit. The old man was greatly disturbed with what he found out.