“So I heard a rumor that she promised she’d give you freedom when you needed it.” He whispered.

I nodded once and crossed one leg over the other. “You heard right.”

He raised his eyebrows. “I also heard that you’ve pretty much mastered basic witchery.”

“Also true.” I told him. “What’s it to you?”

He laughed and shrugged. “Just curious, next thing you need to learn is how to sense when evil is close though because a lot of the time I watched in on your little sessions. You never noticed.”

I smiled and sighed. “So I’m not really that great at it yet.”

He waved me away. “It doesn’t matter, give it a few weeks and I reckon you’ll be an exceptional, bad ass witch…right Bonnie?”

Bonnie looked up at Damon and nodded. “Yeah, it’s true.”

I smiled at Bonnie.

Elena cleared her throat. “Bonnie, will you stay at mine tomorrow night?”

Bonnie gave her a look but nodded anyway. “Who else will be there?”

“Elijah.” Elena replied simply. “As much as we get along I’d feel better if you were around too.”

Bonnie looked to Damon. “Where’s Stefan then?”

Damon chuckled and shrugged. “At home, drinking or something…beats me.”

“Stefan doesn’t always have to be the one to babysit me Bonnie.” Elena told her. “It’s not his job to protect me anymore. And Caroline wants to take Annika out so…”

I looked at Caroline and grinned. “Really, what are we going to do?”

She bit her lip and smiled excitedly. “I don’t know yet, something fun though.”

Damon looked in between Caroline and I. “Oh fun, I’m in.”

I laughed and turned to Damon. “We might go and get our nails done.”

“Okay as great as that would be, that’s not what we’re going to be doing. And yes Damon, you can come.” She coughed and looked away for a moment. “Because Klaus will be coming too.”

Damon made a noise and gave me a look. “That sounds like a double date, are you sure you can handle that?”

I laughed and pushed him gently. “Bring it on, Salvatore.”

I noticed that Elena was glaring at Damon and me. I tried not to enjoy it but she looked so angry that I couldn’t help but smile.