Ch. 2

"I know Billie has another meeting so is there anything else you two would like to discuss," the therapist asks

We've been seeing this woman for the past month and I'm still not completely adjusted to it. Right after we got engaged Alissa suggested we start going to couples counseling, which I had no problem with. I just hate feeling judged and like I'm under a microscope when we're here.

I look over to see Alissa fidgeting and I know she's got something to say.

"Well I kind of wanted to discuss the nightmares," she mumbles.

I instantly roll my eyes. "Really Alissa?"

"I just think she can help you talk about it."

"What are your nightmares about Billie," the therapist asks.

They both stare at me waiting for an answer, but I'm just not ready. "I don't want to talk about it. I've already told Alissa this."

"But why? You have them every other night and I'm worried about you," Alissa says.

"Billie could you at least tell Alissa if the nightmares are about her?"

"In a way they are," I sigh.

"See? That doesn't make me feel any better," she yells.

"Which is why I didn't want to say shit," I yell back.

"Ok you two let's bring it down a notch. You don't have to argue about this," the therapist reassures us. "Alissa I know you're concerned but you have to let Billie tell you on her own terms, and Billie I want to see you back here alone."

"I'll look at my schedule and see what I can do," I say reluctantly.

Alissa scoffs. "Billie be serious."

"I said I'll see what I can do," I snap. "Look, I'm late. Are we done?"

The therapist nods and Alissa grabs her purse, storming out of the room angrily. I follow behind her and we ride the elevator together in silence. I don't want her to be upset with me, but I hate that she tries to use the therapist to get things out of me when we've already discussed it at home.

The doors slide open and Alissa walks ahead of me, leaving the building and heading towards her car.

"You're not going to say goodbye," I call after her.

"Goodbye," she says as she unlocks her car and opens the door.

"Lissa come on," I walk over to her and grab her arm. "I'm sorry ok. I shouldn't have snapped."

"You're late remember," she rolls her eyes.

"That shit can wait. I don't want to leave you when you're mad. Anything could happen between now and later."