Cellblocks

Emily's POV

I couldn't believe my fiancé was still alive. How? I asked myself a million times.
"How are you still alive?" I said as I got closer to Michael.
Rick grabbed my wrist before I could say anything else to Michael.
"You know this guy?" He said in his quiet, raspy voice.
He was acting like a little kid earlier so I did the same. I nodded and walked away.
"I was living with my friend when you kicked me out of the house and I've been trying to look for you for a long time but I just couldn't find you. I asked your friends and they all said that you moved on. I got really depressed and started using drugs, but the police caught me and sent me to jail. Which is why I'm here. I'm glad I found you so that I can tell you that I still.... love you." He said.
I didn't know what to say because part of me wanted to run into his arms, but the other part wanted to kick him in the face.
"Michael, you cheated on me. I'll never forget that. I don't know if I'm over you, just give me some time." I said looking at the floor.
Rick and Daryl came between us to break the awkwardness, but it only got worse because I saw Rick giving dirty looks to Michael and his two other friends.
"Who are these people?" said Michael
"They're the group who has helped me stay alive. My family." I said looking at them with a smile on my face.
"Nice to meet you, but this is our prison, not yours. Emily can stay with us since she knows Michael." One of the prisoners said.
"This world is already a shitty place, why make it shittier?" Asked Rick
Michael got closer to Rick and said, "You know what? This guy is right. What's your name?"
"Rick. Rick Grimes." He said
"Nice to meet you Rick. My name is Michael. Those two over there are my friends Spencer and Andrew. I think you're right about not turning this world into a shittier place and you know what? I'll let you stay. We could use some help around." He said
"Sounds good to me. I won't hurt you guys and you guys won't hurt us. Simple as that." said Rick
"Deal. You can have those cellblocks over there. No need to fight for anything, we got plenty of stuff here." He said
I was surprised at how well they were getting along. I guess Michael isn't a bad guy after all.
"Thank you Michael." I said as I smiled at him.
"Okay, let's go to our cellblocks and settle in. We got plenty of stuff to do." Said Rick
I went with them so I could choose where I slept and to see how this prison looked like.
Maggie came up to me and asked me a question, "Who is that guy?"
"Michael? He was my fiancé, but I caught him cheating on me." I said with sadness in my voice
"Oh.... I'm sorry. You still got feelings for him?" She asked
"Ugh I don't know. I feel like I do, but I don't want to." I said
"I saw Rick giving him dirty looks... Does he know about this?" She said
Was Rick jealous?
"Yeah I told him a while ago..." I said
We got to our cellblock and Daryl began talking loudly.
"I'll sleep upstairs!" He sounded way too excited which caused us to giggle.
Glenn and Maggie got their own cell, Beth and Hershel had theirs, T-Dog and Carol shared one as well, Tyreese and Sasha had one too, and Rick, Lori, and Carl shared one too. Rick didn't seem too happy when Lori suggested to share one, but he did it for Carl.
"You got a cell, honey?" Shane asked as he winked at me.
"Yeah... I got my own. Screw off." I said and walked away.
Ugh he always gives me a bad vibe.
I sat on my bed and thought about Michael. I feel like I should go talk to him, but I don't know. I can't think about romance right now, we're in a zombie apocalypse. I finally made up my mind and got off my bed to go talk to him.
Someone grabbed my wrist as I was about to leave our cellblocks.
"Where are you going? It's getting late and we don't really know our way in this prison yet." Asked Rick as he let go of my wrist.
"I'm going to go talk to Michael. I'll be back whenever I feel like it." I said
I don't know why he was acting all mean with me, what did I do?
"I thought you said he cheated on you?" He asked
"He did, but that doesn't mean I should ignore him. I want to talk things out. Maybe you should do that with your wife." I said
He looked at me with his deep, blue eyes and he was about to say something, but decided to remain silent.
"Look, I don't want you to get hurt. Wait till tomorrow so I can go with you." He said as he looked like he was trying really hard to not yell at me.
"I'm not a little girl, Rick. And you sure as hell shouldn't be worried about me. I gotta go." I said as I walked away.
"Don't come crying back to us, especially me, when his little, immature ass hurts you!" He screamed with anger in his voice.