Breakfast

Emily's POV

Hershel invited us all to the house to have breakfast together and I have to admit, I was pretty nervous. Why? Well because of Rick. I know it sounds silly, but it's been so awkward ever since we kissed. I went to the kitchen extra early so I could sit somewhere where I think Rick wouldn't sit. I sat next to the seat where Daryl always sits.

"What are you doing here so early?" Said Hershel

"Early bird, huh?" Beth joined him

"Oh no, I just couldn't sleep." I said

"You sound a little nervous, everything okay?" said Hershel

"Yeah, just tired." I lied

"Okay, well the food is almost ready so hang on tight" said Hershel.

I sat there and thought about every single thing I've been worried about. From walkers to Rick. I feel so stressed out, I really want my life back. I miss waking up every morning and getting ready for work, even though I hated waking up at 5:30 AM, but now that I think about it, it's so much better than being where I am now.

Daryl interrupted my thoughts, "Ya hungry?" He said as he sat next to me.

"Very!" I said giggling

"Well you're gonna love Hershel's cooking, his bacon is so good. Don't know how he does it, but it's fucking delicious." He said

Lori walked in with the ugliest frown. She sat down and looked at the table. She didn't make eye contact with anybody. Shane later walked in and did the same. Everyone was gathered around except for Rick. Where was he?

"Hey anybody know where Rick is?" said Hershel

"He said he was gonna skip breakfast." said Daryl

"Why?" Carl sounded worried

"He knows what he's doing." said Hershel as he looked at Lori. Lori looked away very quickly and said, "Excuse me" and walked away. Carl looked a little worried and said, "What's going on between my mom and dad?"

Everyone looked at each other, trying to figure out what to say.

"They're just having some.... problems. It's going to be okay." said Shane

I guess Lori told him that Rick found out about their little secret.

I went to the kitchen and prepared Rick a plate. He needs to eat and I'm not gonna let that kiss stop me from talking to him.

I sneaked out so nobody could ask me any questions and went to his tent. I saw Lori staring into the lake very worriedly. I was relived that she wasn't in the tent.

"Rick?" I whispered

"I'm about to come in.." I said before going in the tent.

I walked in and saw that he was asleep, I didn't want to wake him up so I left the food right by him. I saw a piece of paper and pen on the floor and decided to leave him a note.

"Hey, we missed you at breakfast this morning. Hope you're doing okay. Enjoy your breakfast!" I didn't sign my name because, well... I don't know.

I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable.

I took a last look at him and walked out.

Gosh he's so handsome.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Vote/Comment!