Where's My Gun?

I had a gun in my hand as I was running after Rick. I heard a man crying and thought it was him, but I was wrong.

"Help me! Help!" A man with an English accent said

I couldn't see his face because it was really dark, so I just pointed the gun to where I heard the voice come from

"Who are you?" I said

"Please don't shoot! I'm from England but I was on vacation and some zombie attacked me! I think it bit me!"

I stood in silence until I couldn't hear the man breathe anymore.

I turned around trying to find him, but it looked like I lost him.

I took a step forward and felt someone grab my leg, I started to panic because I knew he had turned into a walker and he was trying to bite me!

My gun was nowhere to be seen so I screamed as loud as I could and tried to kick him in the face with my other leg but he grabbed it instead and that's when I thought that I was going to die. I thought about my friends, family, and Rick.

Rick! I can't die without thanking him and telling him that I..... love him.

I felt tears stream down my face and the sound of the hungry walker was the only thing I could hear.

He was about to bite me, but I heard a gunshot and it killed the walker.

"Emily?!" said a man who sounded like Rick

"Rick?!!" I screamed

He ran towards me and hugged me.

"Why did you do that? Why did you run away at night with no weapons?! You scared the crap out of me and I almost got killed!" I screamed

I saw his eyes get watery and I felt really bad. What was I thinking? This man just found out that he got cheated on, I should've gone easier on him.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I don't know what happened back there, but knowing that Lori cheated on me really hurts. We were starting to drift apart anyway but I never thought she would do such a thing." he said

I'm really bad at comforting people so I just stared at him for a while and went for a hug.

"This might sound cliché, but everything happens for a reason and you'll find out what the reason is sooner or later" I whispered to him.

We were sitting on the grass and he held my hand.

I felt butterflies and a smile appeared on my face.

"Thank you for everything, I really appreciate it." He said as he kissed my forehead

Omg did he just kissed my forehead!!? I know it's silly and it probably doesn't mean anything but it made my night.

"Let's go back now" he whispered as he stood up.

We walked back together and I couldn't be happier.