"You, did what?" I was having trouble processing it.

"I did it just in case. I created this body because despite the progress my brothers and I made, we also were running out of leads and we still lacked answers. We have those answers now, mostly. We only care about keeping you and your brother safe. That's our priority." Hoseok gave me a smile, he was so beautiful when he smiled like that with his hair brushed back. His brown eyes sparkled and I found myself getting a little lost in them. I didn't even notice I was slowly leaning toward him.

I stopped when I heard the front door open and heard hard breathing coming from the front foyer.

"Hose-" There was sudden silence but I noticed Hoseok was looking up over my head. Kai sat back in his seat, he seemed to be a littler nervous.

"What... is this?" I recognized Namjoon's voice and I turned to look at him. Six faces of the other familiar Chibis were looking at me, a mixture of shock, curiosity and worry along their faces. Mouths hung open and Hoseok removed his hands from mine and slowly stood.

"I can explain..." He raised his hands up a bit as he spoke. Giving the usual double stop sign pose to the six who still seemed to be frozen in time. Namjoon was the first to break out of this trance.

"You better start from the top." Namjoon replied as he looked down at me. I smiled because honestly there was enough tension in the room and it was making me uncomfortable.

I sat with Kai as Hoseok explained to the others what happened. He wasn't much more detailed about it than when he explained it to me. I watched as their expressions changed about twenty times, usually in the same pattern that started with confusion and ended with shock.

"You went behind our backs? I mean.. we didn't even discuss this. Was she okay with this?" Jin asked Hoseok.

"She wasn't able to speak.. so I couldn't ask her." Hoseok replied and Jin sighed in frustration. "But.. But I did ask Kai if he was willing to do anything to save his sister. He agreed to this, I gave him time to back out more than once." Hobi added.

"I-it's true." Kai spoke up. "I wanted to save her, it's my fault." He looked down then at me with sadness in his eyes.

"Don't blame yourself, we all would have done it if we knew how." Jimin chimed in. Would they have? Would they have done this, made me a body just in case something happened to me? I wanted to trust that they really would.

It took some time for everyone to calm down. Kai took me to my room because I was feeling sleepy. Hobi told us it would take some time for everything to sink in and for me to get use to this new body. I didn't know what to say to them, other than telling them goodnight. I was feeling weird, too weird for words really.

I climbed into bed and pulled my covers up over me. I passed out shortly after that, I don't remember the dream I had but when I woke up the sun was shining brightly through my bedroom window.

A faint knock came tapping at my door.

"Come in." I said a little louder than I had been able to speak previously. Kai came into my room with a bright smile and a tray of food. I smiled back at him as he set the food down on the edge of my bed.

"Good morning sis." He said brightly. I sat up and he handed me a glass of water which I drank from, my throat felt better but it was still dry. The cool liquid soothed my throat and I was more than happy to drink it all down.

"Whoa, probably should have drank that slower." He said.

"She's just woken up, of course she's super thirsty. I get like that too Noona." Jungkook appeared in the doorway with a cute smile on his face. I smiled back at him and patted the side of my bed. He grinned again and came over, sitting down as I grabbed a fork full of eggs and a slice of toast. I munched happily as Kai fiddled with a manila envelope in his hands. I gave him a curious look.

"What's that?" I asked after I swallowed the bit of food in my mouth.

"It's... my acceptance letter to Sheffield University in the UK. You know I want to get into architecture." Kai said softly, worry on his face for some reason.

"So you got in?" I asked with a smile. He nodded and I grinned even wider. "I couldn't be more proud of you." I said as I held my arms open for him to give me a hug.

"Really?" He asked a little surprised. He hugged me tightly and I hear him sniffling.

"Yes, now why are you crying?" I giggled a bit.

"I didn't think you'd approve." He said softly as he pulled out of the hug, he wiped away his tears as Jungkook sat there smiling.

"Of course I approve, not that I need it. You're graduating, you're going to have to set out on your own path. Of course I'll always be here for you to come back home to." I smiled warmly at him.

"The rest of us are here for you as well. We've known you your whole life... you're family." Jungkook added with a grin. Kai smiled happily.

"I'm thankful.. but how am I paying for collage again?" He chuckled a bit.

"We have money set aside for your college tuition and for living expenses... but, no buying anything you don't need okay?" I asked and he laughed.

"What about an 80 inch. 4K TV?" Kai smirked as he asked.

"Oooh, yeah that's a necessity." Jungkook answered and I gently smacked him with one of my pillows on my bed. He laughed as I did so, apparently finding his own joke funny.

"Children." I said as I shook my head at both of them.

Over the next few weeks we prepared to say goodbye to Kai. He invited the chibis to his graduation, I was more than proud to be there and honestly I had Hoseok to thank for it. Kai was nervous but he did his best not to show it. I knew he was though, he would constantly check in on me and make sure that I was going to be okay. I even caught him lecturing the chibis about taking good care of me. I admit it made me happy to have such a caring little brother.

Finally the day arrived when we said our goodbye's, we all took him to the airport. Each of the chibis gave him a gift. Namjoon gave him a few books on architecture, Jungkook got him a gaming system and each of the younger chibis wrote down their gamer tags for Kai to have so they could game together. I shook my head and laughed but it really was thoughtful of them. Jimin gifted Kai an expensive messenger bag for school. Hoseok and Taehyung had gone in together to get him a whole new wardrobe that was being shipped to the school for him. Jin had gifted him some cooking lessons at some restaurant that belonged to Gordon Ramsey. I didn't bother to ask how he managed that, one thing I've learned was that sometimes questions should not be asked. Yoongi settled for gifting him a car.... His original gift idea was a set of hunting knives, of course I reminded him that Kai wasn't going to need knives and Yoongi eventually gave up and went with the more practical gift.
I gave my brother an old watch that belonged to our father, nothing flashy but he was more than grateful for it. I held back my tears as I watched him go through the gates. The chibis were comforting as we watched for Kai's plane. Once it took off I couldn't hold the tears back and cried, all seven were right there to hold me and comfort me.

"Come on princess. Let's go home." Jin said as he took my hand in his. I nodded and Yoongi wiped away a few stray tears that rolled down my cheek.

"Okay... home sounds good." I said softly as I walked hand in hand with Jin, the others staying close to me as well as we walked back to the van.

From now on things would be different, but maybe a little bit exciting. Kai was grown up, and luckily I wasn't alone. I had these seven chibis.... Seven men to keep me company, forever- and that was something I was going to have to get use to.

~END