The mess

"Let's get it, bitches!" Liv screamed, jumping on the bench in our locker room. We all were dressed up and ready to go on the field. 

"Shut up and put your shoes on" Stella rolled her eyes as she stopped practicing her moves for billionth time. For real, she was looking like she's about to win the World Championship. 

Liv groaned and jumped off the bench. She was the only one with two ponytails because of her hairstyle and, not gonna lie, she looked so dope and even if I was a top girl, also known as a flyer, in our team, she looked like she was on that spot. I mean, she looked like she has to be like the center of the whole team. But I happened to be the tiniest there so, unfortunately, I fell down on my ass a lot of times. 

"Okay, girls, it's time" Stella fixed her skirt and took a deep breath. "Tinley, you good?" I nodded and followed them. 

To be honest, I was so nervous and my knees were literally shaking. Our principle was giving a speech and boys were warming up on the field. When Mr. Roden finally shut the fuck up and boys disappeared in their locker room, it was our time to go on the field. 

Something made me believe in god at that moment because I was literally praying for girls not to drop me. I trusted them but also I knew that they all are clumsy as hell and there were a fat chance to fall on my ass in front of the whole school. 

"I wanna pee" Jay groaned and Stella rolled her eyes and pushed her a little bit as we were on our way to the field. 

I took a deep breath and right after that music started to play. I don't know why but my body remembered all the moves and I didn't fuck up even once. When it was time for 'flying' part, I was scared for a few seconds but after one successful leap it was easier and, thanks god, these idiots caught me on the last one. 

When we were running to the locker room realization hit me. We did it and we did it pretty good. No fails, no broken bones, no tears. 

"Fuck yeah" Liv screamed, jumping around and hugging me tightly. "We did it!" 

"We were so hot, ladies" Jay flopped down on the bench, sipping on her water. "I swear, Matt from soccer team was looking at my ass for the whole time" We giggled because her crush on him was adorable. But girl become super shy when it comes to talking to him. I even tried to make them sit together during lunch because Matt was Theo's friend and we made a plan. But Jay just ran away. 

"Roe texted me that they won't be waiting for the end of the game and that we can change and go to the parking lot" Stella sat next to me, handing me her glass of water. 

"What? Why?" I frowned because I thought we were planning on watching the game. 

"I don't know but I hope it will worth it or I'll throw one more scene" I raised my eyebrow and chuckled. "I'm on my period and my precious girlfriend is hella annoying" I raised my hands in defense because everyone knew that when Stella is on her period it's really dangerous to be around her. 

I put my cheerleading clothes in my locker and headed to the shower, unfortunately, I didn't have all my products with me so I had to use only my shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. But at least it was my favorite ones. It took us about 30 minutes to get ready, I was the first one because we had only one hairdryer and I managed to run faster than my lovely friends. So I put my new hoodie and sweats and since Billie and I are together again she turned on that old rule of me getting clothes only from her. So yeah, it was her gift and, actually, I kinda stopped complaining. I still feel uncomfortable that she spends a lot of money on it but she said that me wearing clothes that she picked for me is making her happy. Not gonna lie, if I could be as rich as she is I would do the same.