"So." Horror said as his single crimson eye watched my every movement. I crossed my arms with a small grin before leaning forward so that my face could be seen through the shadows of the room.

"Your job is to be her guard. You've already met her once..." I ordered. The skeleton's tapping soon picked up in pace as the scraping from his cleaver could be heard. Once the weapon was removed from the damaged table, he turned to me.

"What makes you think that I'll be any better than the others?" He suddenly inquired. I could see his reflection through his scarlet stained blade, crazed and looking to agitate me... so I gave him my best response. 

"I don't trust Cross. He will always take advantage of any situation. Dust tends to be much too rough and frequently unstable. Killer works better with Error and is usually always with him... And Error is my second in command, I need to know that he has control in the plan." I carefully explained. The skeleton's tapping soon stopped, he didn't even try to slash whatever was in front of him. "You didn't kill her on sight, in fact, you protected her."

"I want a raise." He said, his voice void of any emotion. Soon he returned to his... chopping. 

"No." And with that said, I moved on to my room. I was putting several things together from the bed sheets since I rarely even slept, to the vast amount of clothing in the drawers.  Everything looked comfortable and in place... It was finally time to do this. Dream couldn't even stop me.

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

Christmas was finally here, the day that I absolutely thought that I hated. Of course, once I got this gift from Nightmare... I felt much better.

Ink was back with Blue, and the two were gawking over Dream being here. The three colorful skeletons chatted in the kitchen as I sat alone on the green tattered couch. Apparently, Papyrus was out getting some ingredients for his famous spaghetti along with Frisk. Those two were really adorable together, with Paps acting like a playful brother to them.

I found myself slouching further into the couch while staring at the tv that showed Mettaton playing a game with his contestants. Obviously this game ended in their deaths.

A quiet knock at the door dragged me out of the disturbing show, causing me to get up and head towards the entrance. Papyrus never knocked, and neither did Frisk. If you thought that you had privacy, those two were good at convincing you otherwise.

As my hand reached out towards the door handle, my wrist was quickly grabbed by Dream. I stared at him in disbelief as Blue pulled me behind him. Rolling my (E/c) eyes, Dream slowly opened the door to reveal a skeleton with a hole in his head. He was looking down with his single red eye showing him to be heavily in thought. "Horror!"

"You were supposed to say who's there."

When Ink yelled out the name, all three of the star sans' got into their fighting positions, their magic evidently present. It took me a moment to realize that he was the one that saved me from one of the royal guards! I never really thanked him... "What are you doing here?! Are you trying to deliver a message or something!"

Once Ink said that, the eerie skeleton shot his head up and frowned with irritation. He looked very sincere in his unease, causing me to feel worried for him. I mean... other than him fighting with Red, he never did anything to hurt me. "I want out."

"What...?" The artist asked, his eyes took to the shape of question marks.

"I want out. Nightmare is crazy." Horror stated. From what I could tell, he wasn't one for conversation... the others looked among each other in confusion before standing aside to let him in. They were still on edge, but dropped their guard.

"Any particular reason as to why?" Dream asked carefully, immediately causing Horror to stare at him in curiosity. I guess that this was the first time that they met? Because he was obviously sizing him up like a wolf to his prey.

"I wanted a raise. He refused." Horror simply replied to the question, never once feeling threated. I watched as he entered the house and propped himself down on the couch... I guess that every sans had that in common. Too lazy to stand. "Those marks on her neck are proof enough."

In an instant, both Ink and Blue turned towards me. Blue moved some of my hair out of the way while Dream looked away sadly. He never told them I guess. As soon as they saw the marks, Ink's eyes widened and Blue seemed very upset. "HOW DID YOU GET THOSE?"

"Nightmare." Dream simply said. He decided that it was best to explain the situation to his two friends. "Nightmare is really powerful right now. While you two were gone, Nightmare invaded her dreams and did that to her."

"Wait... What?! But those marks are on her neck... why? I thought that he wanted to kill her or something..." Before Ink could continue, Horror Sans crossed his arms over his chest and wheezed out a loud laugh.

"Didn't you know? He is obsessed with (Y/n). It's not often that you meet a killer whose love is more dangerous than his threats." Horror coldly stated as he looked around the house with sudden interest. "Hey, this place is nice."

"Wait, are you saying that they're mated?" Ink asked while tilting his head. In the past, he tried to piece together Nightmare's desire for me, but this was obviously far from what he expected. Honestly, I wanted to tell him...

"Not yet. But with the way that things are going... she will be." Horror's eyes landed on me and for an instant, I could see his sly smirk. His words were fairly realistic after my last sleep, and I was honestly so tired that I could try to sleep again. Dream told me to keep staying awake, since my nightmares would only turn into a battleground. "Hey, tell you what. I'll let you guys in on some of his plans if you let me hang out here for a bit."

"Depends, what kind of plans can you share?" Ink quickly said, causing the skeleton to close his eyes in thought.

"Hmm, well... First he is planning on having Error turn Red into a puppet. They'll have him start in the ruins and then force him to slaughter everyone in this au." Everyone's face noticeably paled from the information. "And while that is going on, Nightmare will slip in to kill Dream again since he wants him out of the way."

"So... He is targeting me?" Dream said aloud, causing him to let out a chuckle. "You're sure that he won't go after (Y/n) until I'm dead?"

"Nope." Right, of course I couldn't just be forgotten in this for at least a few hours. "Cross is coming here to grab her since he seems to be the most stable of the group. He is going to sneak in once Red reaches Snowden. It will make for a very good distraction."

"So wait... why are you helping us again?" Ink asked with a nonexistent eyebrow raised. It didn't take me long to sit myself down next to Horror. I felt satisfied by him simply helping me yesterday... even Nightmare could vouch for me when I say that I am not the kind of person to judge someone based on their actions in life or even what they look like.

"You think that her neck is bad? You should see how aggressive he is around the rest of us." He answered, causing Ink to think about it for a second before nodding.

"Well, can you help us stop him?" Dream asked with a small smile. Horror seemed to be deep in thought before shrugging his shoulders.

"I'll help you guys with keeping her from Cross, but I can't guarantee myself trying to fight Error or Nightmare."