[ Tanjiro x Reader ]

(A/N) - This was requested by; @BlackKnightRadiant, "Tanjiro x Reader where the readers' lover dies and Tanjiro decides to make the reader fall in love with him"

So the readers' lovers' name is going to be Naozumi if it's alright with you. You can change it if you don't like it!

Furthermore; It's not that good so my apologies.

----

"You dumbass..."

Death wasn't kind. (Y/N) knew that. It snatched where it could, taking people who were far too young, far too good.

She held him in her fragile arms, staring at his pale face. "You broke your promise..." She mustered out weakly.

Tears stained her cheeks as she whispered an 'I love you'.

She never wanted to see him die, she wanted him to stay by her side, just like he promised to.

Placing her lover neatly on the ground she stood up. 

"I can't forgive you...for breaking your promise." 

It was great while it lasted, great to be loved, the warmth of his cheek next to hers. His soft hand brushing her hair from her face, his cheeky laugh in her ear. It all seemed too good to be true, she took it for granted. 

And It led her to this...

--

"Hey~ Are you okay?"

Snapping back into reality she looked up, her eyes widened "Naozumi...?" (Y/N) Whispered.

"No, It's Tanjiro." He sent a sad smile her way, as he sat next to her. She smirked, "Right..."

"I've brought you something!" He stated cheerfully.

She looked at his wounded hands, he was holding a white rose. "A white rose?" She questioned the younger boy. 

"Ah~ look, this is for you~"  A cheerful voice rang through her ears, "A white rose? Naozumi you shouldn't have!" (Y/N) Smiled brightly, kissing his cheek.

"I-It's okay if you don't want it, I-I just thought It'd cheer you up!" The flustered boy blurted out.

As she saw the white flower in his hands, her eyes glimmered with watery tears.
Tanjiro noticed her tears and quickly stood up, "W-What's wrong? You don't h-have to accept it!" He kept on stuttering, as the flower fell from his hands. (Y/N) Caught the herb, with eyes still full of water.

"It's beautiful, thank you, Tanjiro." She wiped her tears away and gestured him to sit back down.

Hesitantly, Tanjiro sat back down - still unsure of what just happened. "Don't mind me, you just reminded me of Naozumi, Is all." The girl spoke peacefully.