[ Tanjiro x Reader ]

Tanjiro

May be triggering to some. Consists of suicide.

~~~~~~~~

He's a selfless boy. He cares for others more than he cares for himself. Perhaps that's why you love him.

You always found it fascinating to see him fight. The way he swung his sword to win the battle. The way he cut the heads of the demons off.

The way he was ready to sacrifice everything in order to save his kid sister.

He was somebody to beware of. Someone who could kill you easily. Of course, that would only happen if you were a demon.

Sometimes he would remind you of yourself. You had this passion for saving others, he did too, didn't he?

But sometimes he would remind you of the opposite you.

While he was kind and warm. You were bitter and cold. Why he loved you will always stay a mystery to you.

No matter what you did or who you hurt. He would always forgive you. He would tell you that it's okay and you only need time.

Time to heal your wounds and get over your dreadful past. In other words, time is your only savior on this planet.

'It's only a matter of time' he'd always say.

But that was a lie. A White lie you wished he didn't tell you all those months ago. Because you acknowledged it.

You believed him. And you believed in time. You believed that time will save you and your feelings.

But it never did. You're still miserable and you're still suffering an endless nightmare. The agony you let yourself feel every day never stops and it never will.

It was time to stop believing in time and take action. A specific action. It will make you pleased. Without a doubt.

After years of hardship, you finally filled the tub with clear water.

Occasionally you felt like water was the only one who understood you. It reflected your pain and it was soothing.

You got into the tub and let the water flow. The water never stopped and soon you were drowning in your own agony.

In some ways, it helped.

~~~~~~~~~
I tried a new writing style!
Although this is a Tanjiro x reader I feel like there wasn't any tanjiro x resderness so I apologize. I'd like to start writing in this kind of style. I'll make sure to make it better next time. Thank you for reading this!

Vote and comment if you enjoyed it~