Prologue

A/N:

Hey so I was debating on posting this or not, but I'm just going to test it out. I'm going to leave this up and if I see people like it, I'll continue to post. So comment and vote please thanks my loves

XOXO,
Jenny

Dear Danny Radford,

People keep telling me that this is my fault, you dying is my fault. Is it true? Am I really the reason why you decided to take your last breath?

I just don't understand what I could've done to make you want to leave me, especially the way you did. Some tell me that everything will be okay in the end, and that you're in a better place now. Honestly though, I think they're lying.

How can life possibly be okay, knowing that the love of my life is dead and I didn't do anything to help?

I love you Danny Radford, I love you with every breath in my lungs and every cell in my veins.

Every memory of you will forever be cherished in my heart, for you will always be mine as I will always be yours.

I hope you're happy now, wherever you may be. I don't think I can ever be complete again without you with me. I hope you still love me the same way I thought you did and that even in your forever lasting sleep you may still think of me.

I will love you always,

Violet Dawson

-

Danny and I were what you would call "high school sweethearts." We dated throughout all four years of high school and were madly in love with each other, at least that's how I saw it.

Just one moment changed everything, my world flipped upside down. All from a single phone call that I will never forget...

"V-v-violet?" A stuttering voice called for me the moment I picked up. Because of caller ID, I knew exactly who it was, Danny's mother.

"Yes, Mrs. Radford? What's the matter?" I answered in a shy tone, afraid of what the response would be.

"It's Danny..." her voice seemed broken, like she had been crying for hours.

The moment Mrs. Radford said his name my heart dropped.

"Yes? What about Danny? Is everything alright?"

"H-he's dead..."

Just that moment, those two stuttering words, made me drop my phone on the wood floor of my kitchen. My heart clenched together and my breath seemed to be lost somewhere in my throat because I didn't breathe. I couldn't breathe.

My life, my sanity all fell apart.

A few weeks before had been my birthday and Danny bought me the most beautiful journal, him knowing my love for writing.

Ever since the day of his death, I have been writing in the journal he gave me.

I'm not writing short stories like it was intended for, I'm writing letters.

Letters to the love of my life. Letters that will never be sent, never to be read by anyone other than my eyes, and never will the words touch whom it was meant for.

Danny Radford, for when he took his life, he took my mine with him.