𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

Mulai dari awal

"He nearly killed you too," Hope muttered.

"We are not doing this again."

Alaric cleared his throat, interrupting the soon-to-be bickering couple, "Triad already tried to come for him once."

"It's not safe for him out there," Hope argued.

"We kept a massive secret from him, and I think he just needs some time to process that. I think we should respect his privacy and just wait."

"He's kept secrets from us too, I think we're even," Kaiden scoffed as he stormed out of the office. Hope watched, full of regret, as he walked out, hoping she could find the right words to fix all of this.

 Hope watched, full of regret, as he walked out, hoping she could find the right words to fix all of this

Hope took a deep breath before she entered the school's kitchen. She wasn't even sure why she had agreed to meet Lizzie there, they should've met in Hope's room. At least there she could wallow in pity and sadness. When she walked in her eyes widened in surprise, the kitchen was a mess, "Was there a monster attack in here?" She questioned Lizzie.

"There you are. I got tired of waiting, so I attempted a banana cream pie by myself," Lizzie explained.

"Where is it?"

"In the garbage. I said, "Attempted." So we're gonna go back to plan A, and you are gonna make it for me. Status update: Josie didn't come back last night. I think she slept in Penelope's old room, which is a really good way to get hepatitis B."

"Have you slept at all? You seem a little-"

"Focused? Motivated? On point? " Lizzie cut her off.

"Sure. Yeah," Hope lied.

"Not sleeping in the same bedroom means that the Forgiveness Cuddle is off the table. But she's been holed up in the library, so a snack offering should do the trick."

"At some point, you might actually have to apologize," Hope muttered.

"Never apologize," Lizzie reminded, sounding offended Hope had suggested such a thing.

"Okay."

"Trust me, okay? This is what we do. I'm selfish, then she sulks, and then I offer baked goods."

"Someone else's baked goods."

"Usually it's Kaiden helping me. We didn't get along growing up but he was always there to help me with Josie," Lizzie remembered, "Besides, it's giving you something to do with yourself, isn't it? Your turn for an update. Any word from my favorite brother?"