𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐝, 𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐨

Start from the beginning

The group of five walked toward the school library. Once they arrived, they noticed Hope was in the library too, along with Alaric. Kaiden offered her a smile, and she returned a slight one, making everyone wonder what the hell had caused the two to become friends.

Nova was at a loss, when did those two become friends? Last she knew, Kaiden didn't have the courage to even talk to Hope, so what the hell were those two hiding from her? She knew she had to figure it out before someone ended up hurt or worse.

"Hope? What are you doing here?" Dominic asked.

"I'm not sure. I was pulled out of class and told to come here." Hope replied.

"I called you all here because I volunteered you six for community service," Alaric spoke up.

"This makes no sense, Dad. Why are we being punished?" Lizzie asked, very confused.

"Because you started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we really do here." He answered.

"Well, you weren't mad last night."

"I was mad last night. My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage." Alaric continued, "I volunteered everyone in the game, so stop complaining. You're lucky that it's just community service and not actual jail time."

"Can I at least offer a rebuttal in my defense, if it pleases the court?" She asked. When she received no answer, she continued with, "First of all, I was provoked. My response was totally proportional considering the levels of abuse that I was forced to endure. And secondly, if anyone should take the blame, it's Josie."

"What?" Josie asked, genuinely confused and offended.

"I'm sorry. I totally cracked under cross, but if you had just let Kaleb catch the ball..."

"You'd still be in trouble." Alaric interrupted.

"But nice job throwing your sister under the bus," Hope told the younger girl.

"Fantastic job at deflecting the blame Lizzie," Kaiden snarked. It was no secret to everyone that the eldest Saltzman and the Forbes-Salvatore boy did not get along. No one was quite sure why, all they knew was that it involved a teddy bear from when they were children.

"For what? Winning the game, fair and square?" Dominic asked, referring to Alaric's earlier statement.

"Fair and square? You kids used your powers, how is that fair and square?" Alaric answered the boy's question with a question.

"In the beginning, after Lizzie said and I quote, "let's burn these bitches to the ground." But we stopped, we decided we wanted to win the game without powers, so we stopped," Nova explained.

"Burn these bitches to the ground?" Alaric questioned Lizzie.

"It was a heat of the moment thing," Lizzie answered.

"The bus leaves in ten minutes, and I expect all six of you to be on it, working together today, harmoniously and without drama. End of debate."

"Wait for just a second, we weren't even at the game, why are we being punished?"  Kaiden asked.

"You know what you two did," Alaric sternly told the two. He continued with, "All right, now, go, all of you. Come on."

Four out of the six students walked out of the library, and Hope and Kaiden remained behind. Neither of the two wanted to go with the rest of the students, hell Kaiden was dreading it if Victoria was going to be there. He knew she had been at the game yesterday, Nova had complained about her for 20 minutes.