Short Story (Drabble)

Short Story

A/N

 This series is already short story genre, seeing as I didn’t write much more than a page or two so far, and that I am not sure I will be able to do more than it with the episode of Johnny’s return…

 I was thinking, in term of short story, to reduce the length and go for a drabble. Hundred words should be enough to set the plot and recount how Johnny came back home and how welcomed he was.

 This piece is dedicated to master Gavin (@TheOrangutan). He writes a bunch of Sci-Fi and Fantasy stories, but he dabs also in poetry and other genres. If you want an idea of his personality, go Read (his) Shorts, or you can try to corner him in the Pub with a warm blonde (talking beer here) or perhaps a chilled Blue…

Johnny was coming back home. He left too long ago to fight in a war that was not his. He was missing his family so much, the cooking, the flowers and the joyful chatter. He found his parents at the station, with tears and embraces. They picked him in the old car he remembered from his younger days. His old room and neighbours were awaiting his return with open arms and cold beer. Irene was there also. As the old monastery’s bells rang, she welcomed his return with the warmth and love he had craved for all this time.