- 10 -

"Ms. Granger, thank goodness!" The fat lady in the portrait of the Heads common room gasped and smiled when she saw Hermione. "You are needed in the Great Hall immediately. A message from Severus Snape's portrait, he says to wear a white dress and look nice. Good luck."

A few seconds after the fat lady left Hermione just sat until she got changed into a white lace ruffle top and satin bottom two-piece dress. She was going to save it for the end of year graduation ball but this seemed urgent. She did her makeup hurriedly and added some pink eyeshadow, mascara, and rose gold lip gloss. 

"Hermione, what's taking you so long?" Harry appeared in the doorway of Hermione's room in his wizarding robes.

"Harry, what's going on? Is this a prank or something? Or a surprise party? You know I don't do well with surprises." Hermione's eyes wandered to the expression on Harry's face. They started walking to the Great Hall but stopped on the staircase.

Harry grabbed Hermione's hands and looked her in the eyes. "This is a surprise that's worth the wait and its been a long time coming. Hermione, you're brilliant. Truly brilliant. And this decision you have to make is something that will alter your life forever." Harry grabbed Hermione's hand and they started walking down the stairs. "Draco is dying, he's cursed. Unless he married his true love. And that true love is you."